Everybody's photos!!!

karmac

Hi Skyrules,

I took most of those night time Pacific Sky photos when she was in dry dock. She'd been through all of those problems after coming to Brisbane, and ended up having to have her whole engine overhauled :p I used to haunt the wharf taking photos of her LOL!

I took the photos from a little park in Morningside (behind the state hockey club - sorry not sure of the name of the park). I'm so lame I actually bought a tripod and a remote for my camera so I could take nice, clear, steady shots of her hehehe :D :rolleyes: :p

It's actually a great spot to stop and see the other ships as they go under the Gateway Bridge too ;) We watched the Oriana go through there a couple of months back.

The other ones of her sailing by were taken at Pinkenba, at the little boat ramp. We used to go down and watch her sail by every chance we could! I'm totally obsessed with her! She was a great ship, but sadly she copped a bad rap by the media in her final days. We sailed on her 3 times and couldn't complain about a thing!

Hi Skyrules,

I took most of those night time Pacific Sky photos when she was in dry dock. She'd been through all of those problems after coming to Brisbane, and ended up having to have her whole engine overhauled :p I used to haunt the wharf taking photos of her LOL!

I took the photos from a little park in Morningside (behind the state hockey club - sorry not sure of the name of the park). I'm so lame I actually bought a tripod and a remote for my camera so I could take nice, clear, steady shots of her hehehe :D :rolleyes: :p

It's actually a great spot to stop and see the other ships as they go under the Gateway Bridge too ;) We watched the Oriana go through there a couple of months back.

The other ones of her sailing by were taken at Pinkenba, at the little boat ramp. We used to go down and watch her sail by every chance we could! I'm totally obsessed with her! She was a great ship, but sadly she copped a bad rap by the media in her final days. We sailed on her 3 times and couldn't complain about a thing!

Yep, know most of the spots over that side of the river - we were down there a lot ourselves when Sky first came to Brisbane.

I only got to go on her once - my very first cruise. She's my favourite of the three ships I've been on (Sky, Sun & Star) and I would have loved to have cruised on her again before she left Australia. Oh well, maybe a trip to Europe to sail on Sky Wonder is in order.

Martin (RiffRaff) sent me a photo today of Sky Wonder berthed behind the Sea Diamond in Rhodes - obviously taken before the Sea Diamond sanik.

Have a look at mine too :) I've got the past 3 cruises in there plus an album of photos just of the Pacific Sky (I was so obsessed with that ship :p )

http://community.webshots.com/user/tallpoppy74

Hi Jo

Just had a look at your wedding pics that you just added. They are beautiful. I particularly liked no.16 (the with you & your DH in the distance in the lush green vineyards). Loved the bride & groom on your cake:D

Karen

Skyrules - would love to see that photo - feel like posting it on here?? :D

Karmac - thanks so much for the compliements :) The cake toppers were hand made to look exactly like us on the day, right down to the pattern in DH's tie! They were such a talking point. They sit proudly on my bookshelf now :) The lady that made them did an amazing job :D I'm planning on adding more pics soon......

Skyrules - would love to see that photo - feel like posting it on here?? :D

Karmac - thanks so much for the compliements :) The cake toppers were hand made to look exactly like us on the day, right down to the pattern in DH's tie! They were such a talking point. They sit proudly on my bookshelf now :) The lady that made them did an amazing job :D I'm planning on adding more pics soon......

It's in my email at work. I'll send it home and post it tomorrow night !

Kym

It's in my email at work. I'll send it home and post it tomorrow night !

Kym

Forgot to send the photo home, but with Martin's assistance, I found the link to the photo of Sea Diamand & Sky Wonder (Pacific Sky) at Rhodes.

Here it is

http://media.shipspotting.com/uploads/photos/391963.jpg

and also a nice one of our old friend, this time off Dubrovnik earlier this month;

http://media.shipspotting.com/uploads/photos/395255.jpg

^^ They're great photos! :D I especially liked the sunset photo and the photo of the ship from behind the bushes :D Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Hi Jo and thanks

Yes a LOT of fun was had by all!! I think the sunset is one of my favourites too. I took about eight photos of the sunset it was just so beautiful but thought one was enough to post!! Many thanks for your kind words.

cheers!!

Karen;)

Hi everyone,

Here is the link to some of our photos from our Pacific Sun Cruise 21April07. I am still yet to write a review...still trying to get back to reality:eek: . Just click on the photo and it will take you to the album!

2566550750098149389cYVENC_th.jpg

Erin

Oh my gosh Erin!! I saw you so many times without realising! We also went to amedee island. I am almost 6 foot tall brunette with blonde and red foils in my hair and I was with 3 other ladies (2 of whom are larger ladies and us other two arent so small ourselves - lol). I saw you heaps on islander night outside at the party. Anyway will try and work out how to send photos myself and see if you reconize me.

Liz:D

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found your photos. I guess i should link mine here also.

Your photos bought back many happy memories of our USA trip. what a great time you had. I was sorry when the slideshow came to an end, i was left wanting more!!!

I espcially love the grand canyon ones. You just cannot get into a photo the sheer size and beauty of this place. Did you see the new walkway, supposed to be very expensive and you cant take camera on there. Your photos are beautiful.

Also loved the vegas ones. we stayed at the luxor and was amazed you can go around the world in one day. You managed to capture vegas perfectly and give everyone a wonderful overview of it.

disney, well that will always be disney, hard to get bad photos from there....and also very close to my heart.

plus a cruise my, what a trip .....fantastic loved them all.

thanks again for sharing such happy diverse photos

Kaseyoz, don't you ever sleep? Glad you liked them. It was hard picking which ones to load. Just got Sandras so I might add some more.

We didn't go to the skywalk. We visited the Grand Canyon National Park which is the south rim. The skywalk belongs to the Hualapai tribe and is on the western rim. According to "experts" the national park is much nicer and a lot more to see. The skywalk has received a lot of flak as it ends up costing about $75 by the time you pay for it, admission to the reserve, shuttle coz you can't drive etc, and there is no infrastructure to support the tourism yet.

Thanks for the photos Sandra. Brings back alot of memories from last October.:D

How did you find the heat in Mexico? I absolutely hated the high humidity, especially in Cabo San Lucas.:(

How did you keep your eyes open on the Hollywood Tower hotel ride?? I loved looking at all the photos at the end. You can always pick me out, I'm the one with my eyes closed.:o It was my very first ride at Disneyland...and for some reason I went on it again!!:p

Looks like you had a wonderful time, despite the mishaps (again).

PS Are you going to do a review of the cruise?

Muchos Gracias.

Thanks Jarrod, funny thing is that it wasn't that hot. I was expecting a sauna, worse than Vila etc but it was quite mild. We also only had one really hot day in Vegas too.

I loved the tower of terror ride. Think that it scared the crap out of me so much I was laughing hysterically. Actually went on it 4 times. California screaming however, I didn't do, regret it now. I can cope with up/down motion but hate the rollercoaster feeling and upside down.

Hope to get to a review soon, weekend has been and gone yet again. Sadly it is all blurring now.

I loved the tower of terror ride. Think that it scared the crap out of me so much I was laughing hysterically. Actually went on it 4 times. California screaming however, I didn't do, regret it now. I can cope with up/down motion but hate the rollercoaster feeling and upside down.

I love rollercoasters, could sit on one all day. I don't like the in/out motion (you know, swinging chairs?). My favourite ride at Disneyland was Space Mountain. It was FANTASTIC. Realy hope to do it again one day.

Karen