Ok my turn. Formal enough?

fer

I'd go with two. Being fluffy myself, I think that first one would make me look like a huge cherry tomato! And, the other one is different looking!

:D funny, this was exactly what I was thinking...

I am fluffy as well, and I like the second one because it definitly accents the good curves. Plus I like the jacket piece versus the shoulder sash.

I have to go against the popular vote here and say I prefer the first choice. I think it's more versatile. The second dress is long, so you really can only get away with it in extremely formal circumstances, whereas the red cocktail dress could be dressed up, or worn just for a nice dinner out.

I also think the cut of the first dress will be flattering. Again,it might show more, so be prepared with the "sucker inner" undies, but the flattering cut would probably be worth it. JMHO.

I think the second one seems bulky. You want to show off your curves, not cover them in patterns and layers!

Thanks for all the opinions! I bought the 2nd dress. Got it in the mail today. Tried it on. And OMG I look Hot! :) And I don't need any suck me in, sausage casing, girdley underwear or anything! I could not be more pleased!

Now for shoes and accessories.

Thanks for all the opinions! I bought the 2nd dress. Got it in the mail today. Tried it on. And OMG I look Hot! :) And I don't need any suck me in, sausage casing, girdley underwear or anything! I could not be more pleased!

Now for shoes and accessories.

Yay! Now, all the more reason to stay dressed up ALL evening. I just dont' "get" the peeps who change right after eating :confused: . If I go to all that effort to get all dolled up, I want it to last for more than dinner. :D

Do you already have black comfy dress shoes? Because really, who's gonna see them under that long, pretty dress? I mean, in that stunner, who's gonna look at your tootsies?

Do you already have black comfy dress shoes? Because really, who's gonna see them under that long, pretty dress? I mean, in that stunner, who's gonna look at your tootsies?

I disagree with this sentiment. Wearing "comfy" shoes that are not formal would cause a jarring dissonance with a dress that gorgeous. Find some appropriate formal shoes that are also comfortable:D

I just popped into this thread and would have voted for dress number two also.

Both are lovely, but the second one is more formal.

I'm so happy for you that it looks great and fits well! :)

Sexy, black strappy sandals and red polished toe-sies will finish off the look nicely!

Have a fantastic cruise.

Jane

Archived