Renaissance daypass clarification

Joby

Hi, I wondered if anyone might clear up a question on the idea of a daypass at the Rennaissance Island resort? Can you purchase them ahead of time or only at the desk of the resort? They are $60/person, correct?

Arubalisa, you seem to have quite a bit of knowledge about Aruba and older folks--would it be a good idea for my sister and I to take our 77 yr. old Mom who uses a cane/wheelchair to get around to the Renaissance Island area for our time in Aruba (7 am--7:30 pm docking times). Mom can walk, but is a bit frail and has balance and strength problems, although, she has a will of iron!

I am a diver & snorkeler and love the water, my sister snorkels and loves the beach, Mom loves to look around and people watch in the shade.

Trying to get a start on shore excursions for our trip.

LOL Joby, I keep bumping into you! It's fun when we meet nice people on cruise critic :) I was reading your post in the other forum about diving. Dh and I are "new" parents having adopted our dd a year ago after having her as a foster daughter for a year prior. We are going to try to get in a couple more dives before we have to begin saving for college :D .

Now Aruba...

check out the thread Recent Marriot Rennaisance Islanders?? especially http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=7963244&postcount=6

We are going to take our family to Palm Beach for the day when we are there on the Galaxy on New Year's Eve Day. There are 10 of us, 6 adults and 4 kids, so we'll pack into two taxis and head down to Palm Beach for the day. Here are some threads on that http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=407679 especially http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=7973366&postcount=32

Considering when our family is going to be there, we doubt the Renaissance would be below 90% occupancy anyway so this was a good alternative for us.

If you think you are going to have to go to Palm Beach instead of Renaissance Island, and think you might want to snorkel let me know and I can give you the details. There is a spot a short walk from the Radisson where you can swim out. There are also a couple of dive operators within walking distance if you want to do a dive.

Hi Arubalisa, yes, we do seem to have a common thread!

We have now decided to do the 11 night Galaxy 1/22/07 sailing! It is going to be so much fun, we can't wait.

I am going to dig a bit deeper on excursions now that we have decided on an itinerary.

I'll be in touch again soon, I'm sure.

Archived