Magens Bay St Thomas

kidcruisers

Megan's Bay is considered one of the world's most beautiful beaches; crystal clear water and the surf is virtually non existant. It's more like a salt water lake. All the facilities that you could possibly need are right there; rest rooms, restaurant (of sorts), bar, changing rooms, showers, etc. When you get off the ship, grab a cab and you will be there in less than 10 minutes. Last time I was there, admission fee was $5 per person I believe. Get there early and find a nice spot to spend the day before the crowds arrive!

Megan's Bay is considered one of the world's most beautiful beaches; crystal clear water and the surf is virtually non existant. It's more like a salt water lake. All the facilities that you could possibly need are right there; rest rooms, restaurant (of sorts), bar, changing rooms, showers, etc. When you get off the ship, grab a cab and you will be there in less than 10 minutes. Last time I was there, admission fee was $5 per person I believe. Get there early and find a nice spot to spend the day before the crowds arrive!

I agree. We just take a cab to Megans Bay when we have a cruise that stops in St Thomas. My 6 year old has been there many times (the first time she was 1 1/2 years old). It's a great beach for kids.

Magen's is wonderful, but if your 9 year old is into snorkeling (or at least putting his/her face in the water with a mask on), Coki has a lot of colorful fish, almost up to the shore line. We saw a lot of small kids (even 4 year olds) simply standing in the water looking under the surface with a mask on...an easy, user friendly into to snorkeling, I would think.

(You might notice from my avatar that I am a bit fond of this sort of thing. :D )

Archived