Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Three:

CoachTerry14

How far is Paradise Beach from the Port? If we have to take a taxi, about how much $'s. Besides spending time at a beach, the only other thing I wanted to do in Cozumel was go to Pancho's Backyard for some lunch! ..........and shopping for some silver in the front of the restaurant. Is there any snorkeling at Paradise Beach? We did want to do some snorkeling.

Beachbuddy

How far is Paradise Beach from the Port? If we have to take a taxi, about how much $'s. Besides spending time at a beach, the only other thing I wanted to do in Cozumel was go to Pancho's Backyard for some lunch! ..........and shopping for some silver in the front of the restaurant. Is there any snorkeling at Paradise Beach? We did want to do some snorkeling.

Beachbuddy

I would say a max of 20 min, depending on traffic, taxi should be around $12 one way for up to 4 people(depending on which pier). Pb does not have real good snorkeling, you can see some fish and reef, but they do have a tour that leaves from there that lasts around 2 hours, and the cost is $35. Have a great trip.

Thanks for the information. Do you know if PB is in the same direction as town? If I remember right, Pancho's was practically the last store in town.

I really did want to stop there.........if not before the beach, maybe after the beach.

Beachbuddy

Thanks for the information. Do you know if PB is in the same direction as town? If I remember right, Pancho's was practically the last store in town.

I really did want to stop there.........if not before the beach, maybe after the beach.

Beachbuddy[/quote

PB is south of Pancho's, further away from town.

Beachbuddy

What we usually do is get to Paradise Beach first thing in the morning before the sun gets to hot. Paradise Beach does offer a wristband for $9 that is optional (some of our family does that, some do not) that includes all non-motorized toys...kayaks, iceberg, water trampoline, snorkeling ($10 deposit refunded when equipment is returned) and floats and life vests for those smaller kids (or people who don't swim well). We are generally there by 9AM and then head back to the ship at noon for lunch. Then go into town for some shopping (or people watching at CarlosNCharlies). The fare to PB is $12 -14 depending on which pier they pick you up at - one way. (per taxi of 4 people). Taxi fare from the old Carnival pier used to be about $6 one way per taxi of 4 people. The International Pier where RCCL docks is next door to the old Carnival pier. The Punta Langosta pier (where we docked) is right across the street from CarlosNCharlies.

As noted eariler the snorkeling off the beach in Cozumel isn't that great. This is a port where you really need to get away from the beach area. There is a catamaran that does one run at 12:30pm to 2:30pm that is $35 each from Paradise Beach. It takes you to 2 sites and includes equipment.

Remember to keep your watch on Ship's Time!

Have a great cruise.

Beachbuddy

We go to Paradise Beach first when it's not as crowded. Then we take a cab back to Cinco Sole & Panchose Backyard. Then we walk back towards the ship shopping until we get tired and take a cab back to the ship. A wonderful day! Can't wait to go in Dec.

Until the morning of Cozumel, I was still undecided whether to go to the Reef Club or Paradise beach. We had a late start so picked Paradise Beach. We had one beer, a bottle of water, a burrito and an order of chicken fingers--total was 25.00--more like a snack for the three of us. Bought the water toys bracelet for 8.00 each and 30.00 for the taxi round trip and tip.

My kids loved it, they used the iceburg, trap, and we brought snorkel equiptment with. We did see some nice fish by the pier and had a relaxing time. Getting a taxi back was not a problem.

On a personal note, my oldest was stung by a jelly fish and one of the servers promptly brought a cup of vinegar to take the sting out. My other son dropped his snorkel mask somewhere, and I went to the snorkel area to see if it was turned in. An other attendent went looking for the mask and found it. I was very impressed with the kindness of these men.

I also was able to shoot a quick email to my husband, who had to work at home. This was very nice to be able to do, right on the beach!

If I had had more time, like from 8 to after dark, I probably would have sprung for the all inclusive, but for the time we had, I would definately go back to Paradise Beach.

I also was able to shoot a quick email to my husband, who had to work at home. This was very nice to be able to do, right on the beach!

Was this at a computer station provided by Paradise Beach? Was there any charge involved? Thanks in advance.

Until the morning of Cozumel, I was still undecided whether to go to the Reef Club or Paradise beach. We had a late start so picked Paradise Beach. We had one beer, a bottle of water, a burrito and an order of chicken fingers--total was 25.00--more like a snack for the three of us. Bought the water toys bracelet for 8.00 each and 30.00 for the taxi round trip and tip.

My kids loved it, they used the iceburg, trap, and we brought snorkel equiptment with. We did see some nice fish by the pier and had a relaxing time. Getting a taxi back was not a problem.

On a personal note, my oldest was stung by a jelly fish and one of the servers promptly brought a cup of vinegar to take the sting out. My other son dropped his snorkel mask somewhere, and I went to the snorkel area to see if it was turned in. An other attendent went looking for the mask and found it. I was very impressed with the kindness of these men.

If I had had more time, like from 8 to after dark, I probably would have sprung for the all inclusive, but for the time we had, I would definately go back to Paradise Beach.

Glad you enjoyed the day and our service! You must have been here during or just after one of our recent Northers (cold fronts) as we rarely have probs with jellyfish...just once in awhile when the north wind will blow them to shore.

paradisecozumel

Yes we were there on Friday, and had a wonderful day. I know and my son as well, that these things happen, after all it is an ocean out there! He thinks it swam up the leg of his suit and was trying to get out. I don't see it as a jelly fish problem at all. These things just happen. After the stinging subsided, he went right back in and figured what are the odds of it happening again.

Excellent service, Tom! We will be back!

Thanks so much for sharing your day with us..makes making the decision easier. Happy to hear you and DS had a good time - even with the jellyfish incident.

Was it really busy when you were there? (Yikes, 8? ships in the day we are there???) I know I need to read back but thought I would ask.

Love the idea of being able to drop a quick email to DH who also has to stay home and work. How nice!

We have a couple of laptops at the bar you can use. No charge!:D

paradisecozumel

Thanks for the reply Tom. I hope to be able to finally spend some time there and possibly meet you on this cruise. I will have to take advantage of the laptop to make a quick post to the boards. We were scheduled to come there last year but Hurricane Wilma had other plans for us. We were on the Conquest 10/30/05 but we went to Playa del Carmen instead. We are scheduled to be in Cozumel 11/21/06 on the Fantasy so hopefully I can take advantage of your fine hospitality at that time. :D

Beachbuddy[/quote

PB is south of Pancho's, further away from town.

Ken..do you know if it is long walk from the ship to the taxi's that take you to Paradise? My mom has a slight heart condition and it is hard for her to walk very far.

Ken..do you know if it is long walk from the ship to the taxi's that take you to Paradise? My mom has a slight heart condition and it is hard for her to walk very far.

The taxi's are lined up right at the end of the pier not far at all!

So glad to hear the OP had such a good time. I was wondering if there was a time of year when "jelly fish" *(we call them sea nettles ) are a problem. We have been there just about any time of the year and have never encountered them. Sounds like they are just an occassional pesk related to the weather. That is good to know.

Btw, if this thread disappears...it probably isn't really gone but folded into the Part III of the Paradise Beach question and comments. So don't freak if it goes "poof"...it will still be here!!! There are so many folks that LOVE Paradise Beach and Paradise Tom (and Freddie....hi Freddie!!!) that the board tries to keep it all contained to keep a ton of threads about the same place.

If PB Tom and his staff keep doing this well, Cruise Critic is going to have to give them their own "section" under ports instead of just one (well now 3) thread!!!

So glad to hear the OP had such a good time. I was wondering if there was a time of year when "jelly fish" *(we call them sea nettles ) are a problem. We have been there just about any time of the year and have never encountered them. Sounds like they are just an occassional pesk related to the weather. That is good to know.

Btw, if this thread disappears...it probably isn't really gone but folded into the Part III of the Paradise Beach question and comments. So don't freak if it goes "poof"...it will still be here!!! There are so many folks that LOVE Paradise Beach and Paradise Tom (and Freddie....hi Freddie!!!) that the board tries to keep it all contained to keep a ton of threads about the same place.

If PB Tom and his staff keep doing this well, Cruise Critic is going to have to give them their own "section" under ports instead of just one (well now 3) thread!!!

We can't wait to! I am going to get my mom a 30 minute massage and will probably do the Banana Boat with my son!

We had an awesome time at PB and rebooked on board another western just so we could go back!!!! :D

Tom, see you in Dec 07! It was great meeting you and your son! hope he had a great birthday!

Good to meet y'all and look forward to seeing you next year! Yup, my boy had a great bday...lots of prezzies for him and cake for Dad!:D

paradisecozumel

Thanks for the reply Tom. I hope to be able to finally spend some time there and possibly meet you on this cruise. I will have to take advantage of the laptop to make a quick post to the boards. We were scheduled to come there last year but Hurricane Wilma had other plans for us. We were on the Conquest 10/30/05 but we went to Playa del Carmen instead. We are scheduled to be in Cozumel 11/21/06 on the Fantasy so hopefully I can take advantage of your fine hospitality at that time. :D

Yup, that Wilma sure changed a lot of plans! Just ask my 1 year and 8 day old son! See you next month, I get in around noon...:)

Archived