Questions and Comments about Paradise Beach Three:

CoachTerry14

Now this is before Wilma, but they used to have a bicycle cart with driver to take people from the ship down the decking to the dock. Think it was $2.00. Does anyone know if they are still doing this now that the pier has opened?

Good news! They're still there according to a couple of cab drivers I just asked:)

paradisecozumel

tom,

met you a few years ago. we're coming back. we'll be there the week of thanksgiving. looking forward to seeing you. how's the baby? i'm sure you have pix? get my chair ready, and chill the beer. we'll be on the RC LOS, not sure which day. but i'm sure you know

You'll be here on Thanksgiving Thursday! I'll have some special Wild Turkey shooters to mark the occasion! It'll be nice to see you again and I'll show you many pix!!

paradisecozumel

Paradise_Beach_Tom -

Hi - a quick question ... there will be 8 ships (including the HUGE new Freedom) in port when we're in Cozumel ... and we have the luck of not arriving until 10:00AM. How well does Paradise handle the large crowds? Can we expect to find chairs / umbrellas? Should we plan to head elsewhere - less crowded? :rolleyes:

We have over 600 loungers so we can handle the crowds! Actually, we had 7 ships in 2 days ago and the island was "underwhelmed". It was pretty strange, we were expecting big crowds, but no. The cab drivers were pretty depressed as well, they said people were simply not getting off the ships. I wonder if everyone thought that the island would be too crowded to enjoy and stayed put? Wierd...:confused:

paradisecozumel

Are there things for small children to do at PB? 3 and almost 2 years old? Or should we be looking at a resort with a children's pool?

I find that wee ones that age are happy just playing in the sand at water's edge. If you're coming on a day with a lot of cruise ships though, you might want to go somewhere a little quieter so folks ddon't trip over them:eek:

paradisecozumel

PB Tom ,thanks for the warm welcome again ! Had a blast and cant wait to come back.

Hope Christian's bday present fit.

vicki and john

No no...thank you!:D

Nice to hang out with you guys again! That outfit is big, and warm...I'll email you a pic this week....hasta la vista and thanks again!

I've been to paraise beach before and am going again..

I took this from travelocity..

Cozumel Beach Break & Snorkel

Take a break at our fabulous exclusive beach club. The beach is located approximately 5 minutes from the pier making it easy to get to. Arriving at this private facility you will be provided with snorkel equipment and full use of the beach facilities including the private pool. Plus OPEN BAR ALL DAY !! Snorkeling equipment is included and may be done on your own off of the beach Rest rooms with changing facilities and freshwater showers are available for your convenience. Take it as easy or as active as you want. Your stay is at your own discretion and a Mexican style buffet is available at an extra cost should you feel hungry. You decide how long you want to stay and when you are ready to leave. Taxis will be available in the parking lot. Don't forget your towel, swimsuit, sun hat and sunscreen. One way taxi fare is approximately $12.00 per taxi. Taxis hold up to four persons.

Cost per person: $34

Is that description paradise beach? That open bar sounds tempting..

Do they have the option to get open bar while you are there? Instead of doing the package with the cruise? Thanks..

I've been to paraise beach before and am going again..

I took this from travelocity..

Cozumel Beach Break & Snorkel

Take a break at our fabulous exclusive beach club. The beach is located approximately 5 minutes from the pier making it easy to get to. Arriving at this private facility you will be provided with snorkel equipment and full use of the beach facilities including the private pool. Plus OPEN BAR ALL DAY !! Snorkeling equipment is included and may be done on your own off of the beach Rest rooms with changing facilities and freshwater showers are available for your convenience. Take it as easy or as active as you want. Your stay is at your own discretion and a Mexican style buffet is available at an extra cost should you feel hungry. You decide how long you want to stay and when you are ready to leave. Taxis will be available in the parking lot. Don't forget your towel, swimsuit, sun hat and sunscreen. One way taxi fare is approximately $12.00 per taxi. Taxis hold up to four persons.

Cost per person: $34

Is that description paradise beach? That open bar sounds tempting..

Do they have the option to get open bar while you are there? Instead of doing the package with the cruise? Thanks..

This is not PB, they do not have AI's.

Official one-way cab fare from downtown is $13USD for 1-4 people. Same on the way back, CONFIRM the fare BEFORE you get in the taxi! $12USD if you're using the 2 southern piers...

Cinco Soles/Pancho's Backyard is at the northern end of the downtown strip. Take Nanatravels advice!:)

Thanks Tom, That's what we'll probably do. I heard so much about Paradise Beach that I'm sure that's where we'll end up. So, am I right in thinking that Paradise Beach is one way and Pancho's is in the opposite direction? We'll be on the Mariner the week of Dec 3rd, I'll have to see how late we're in port that day so I can plan on when to leave the beach and go to Pancho's/Cinco Los Sol?? I just love their silver!!!! and the girls that work in there are soooo nice!!

Beachbuddy

Tom,

One more question.......do you know how much the snorkeling is on the catamaran? ...and do you know where they go for snorkeling? It not up on the website yet. Last time in Cozumel, we went snorkeling with Eagle Ray but I had a hard time getting in and out of those boats.......they were authentic Mexican Boats with just a rope ladder.......I had a really hard time getting back in the boat.......LOL

We have our own snorkel equipment, but we don't have life vests. Can you rent the vests?

Beachbuddy

People were coming and going throughout the day, we had 4 ships in, but it never seemed crowded. Check and see what the times are that the eight are coming in and plan accordingly. Have a wonderful cruise!

Is it free to access the beach area?

How much does it cost to rent beach chairs and umbrella?

Is it free to access the beach area?

How much does it cost to rent beach chairs and umbrella?

It is free to use the chairs and the beach, all they ask is you buy a little food and drink. If you wish to use the water toys (kayak's trampoline, iceberg) an all day wrist band is $9.

Tom,

One more question.......do you know how much the snorkeling is on the catamaran? ...and do you know where they go for snorkeling? It not up on the website yet. Last time in Cozumel, we went snorkeling with Eagle Ray but I had a hard time getting in and out of those boats.......they were authentic Mexican Boats with just a rope ladder.......I had a really hard time getting back in the boat.......LOL

We have our own snorkel equipment, but we don't have life vests. Can you rent the vests?

Beachbuddy

The snorkel tour that leaves from PB is $35, and includes any need equipment. It leaves at 12:30 cozumel time and lasts 2 hours. Every other Wednesday is blacked out.

There's gotta be a reason why Carnival doesn't have this as a shore tour for your ship & sailing date. It is on the list of excursions for Triumph's January 20th sailing. It's under Mexican Cuisine Cooking & Tasting and is at Playa Mia. Perhaps your sailing's port times don't coincide with the class. If you find out why it's not offered, please post back. I'd be interested in the reason.

We were at PB in November 2004 & it was the best day of our cruise. We are coming back on 11/11 & look forward to relaxing & enjoying this wonderful beach again. Can you do the snorkel trip from the beach, or do you have to pre-book?

We were at PB in November 2004 & it was the best day of our cruise. We are coming back on 11/11 & look forward to relaxing & enjoying this wonderful beach again. Can you do the snorkel trip from the beach, or do you have to pre-book?

It can be handled either way, if you will be in on 11/11 then there is only three ships that day, I wouldn't think you will have a problem.

Have a great time!!!!

The snorkel tour that leaves from PB is $35, and includes any need equipment. It leaves at 12:30 cozumel time and lasts 2 hours. Every other Wednesday is blacked out.

Ken, What is the difference in time between Cozumel and ship time? I believe we always stay of shiptime when we cruise.

Beachbuddy

Thanks Tom, That's what we'll probably do. I heard so much about Paradise Beach that I'm sure that's where we'll end up. So, am I right in thinking that Paradise Beach is one way and Pancho's is in the opposite direction? We'll be on the Mariner the week of Dec 3rd, I'll have to see how late we're in port that day so I can plan on when to leave the beach and go to Pancho's/Cinco Los Sol?? I just love their silver!!!! and the girls that work in there are soooo nice!!

Beachbuddy

Yup, Pancho's is about 3 miles north and PB about 6 miles south of the 2 southern cruise piers. It'll be about a 15-20 minute cab ride from PB. The girls who work there are very nice! Always had great, polite service when shopping there! Hasta la vista:)

Tom,

One more question.......do you know how much the snorkeling is on the catamaran? ...and do you know where they go for snorkeling?

Beachbuddy

It's $35USD for adults, $25 for ages 6-12 and under 6 go FREE! They go to Columbia and Palancar reefs. They recently changed the departure time to noon on Tues, Wed, Thur and Sat. They'll provide you with free vests onboard. Have fun!:)

paradisecozumel

Ken, What is the difference in time between Cozumel and ship time? I believe we always stay of shiptime when we cruise.

Beachbuddy

Cozumel is on CST so if your ship left from a CST port (Texas, N.O. etc) you'll be on the same time as us. If you leave from an EST port (Florida) You'll be one hour ahead of us. This is the general rule, though I've heard of Captains asking you to change your watches as well to local time! Basically, just pay attention to what the ship tells you! Oh and if it's a Leap Year, the Captain confiscates all watches and you have to rely on telling time from the position of the sun!...really!

paradisecozumel

Archived