airfare to iguazu falls

haras

I've received a quote for airfare from BA to the iguazu falls from carlos vitro. I'm just curious if $450 pp is a good price for round trip travel? Are there any american travel agencies that can make the flight arrangement to iguazu for us or must we use a local agency? If you can recommend a us travel agency, please email me at sarahphan at gmail dot com.

TIA,

I've received a quote for airfare from BA to the iguazu falls from carlos vitro. I'm just curious if $450 pp is a good price for round trip travel? Are there any american travel agencies that can make the flight arrangement to iguazu for us or must we use a local agency? If you can recommend a us travel agency, please email me at sarahphan at gmail dot com.

TIA,

We paid about half that through our travel agent in BA!

We're looking into airfare from BA to Iguazzi too, and have several questions about this. We get into BA at 9:20 a.m. and are looking into a flight to Iguazu at 11:30 the same day. Does anyone know if 2 hours is a long enough window to go through customs at the international airport (EZE), get our bags, travel to the domestic airport (AEP) in downtown BA, and make the flight by 11:30. If not, it will really cut down on the time we will be able to spend at the falls. Has anyone out there done this? Does anyone know how far it is from the international airport to the one downtown? How is the best way to transfer between airports? We would appreciate any information promptly. The airfare we're looking into in on hold for 24 hours. By the way, the price we've found on-line is only about 250.00 per person.

We're looking into airfare from BA to Iguazzi too, and have several questions about this. We get into BA at 9:20 a.m. and are looking into a flight to Iguazu at 11:30 the same day. Does anyone know if 2 hours is a long enough window to go through customs at the international airport (EZE), get our bags, travel to the domestic airport (AEP) in downtown BA, and make the flight by 11:30.

That would be very tight indeed!

Thanks for your resonse. Do you remember how long it took you to go through customs, and do you know how far apart the two airports are?:)

about 30 minutes to go through immigration. pick up luggage and exit. It was about an hour by taxi to get downtown. The domestic airport is anoter 20 minutes or so.

Traffic can make it worse.

dileep,

Thanks for the information. Looks like we'll have to change our plans a bit. Thanks for helping us dodge a bullet.

We got to BA on Day 1 at 9:30 am too and got to our hotel around 11 or 11:30 and took a half day city tour in the afternoon. Day 2 we went to the Tigre Delta and a Tango Show. Day 3 we flew to Iguazu early morning, and flew back to BA midday on Day 4 and went straight to the ship.

I went to Iguassu while on a business trip to Brazil, not on a cruise, but I was able to get a great fare by purchasing package through Varig airlines that included my round trip to Sao Paulo and the flight to/from Iguassu, including hotel. I would suggest looking into something like that if you have not already purchased your tickets from home.

I went to Iguassu while on a business trip to Brazil, not on a cruise, but I was able to get a great fare by purchasing package through Varig airlines that included my round trip to Sao Paulo and the flight to/from Iguassu, including hotel. I would suggest looking into something like that if you have not already purchased your tickets from home.

Varig is out of business now and if the cruise does not leave from Rio, the cost and hassle of a Brazilian visa is a problem. From BA, only the local Argentine Airlines fly to Iguazu.

FRANK,

I tried to do the same as you. After speaking with friends that live in BA, they told me not to try this. But... Lan Chilie air is running a sale for us$86.

each one way. They have a limited flight sched. The money you save you may be able to stay over-night. We will only be in BA for four days and have been advised to do either BA or the falls. Will be hot in January and a lot of walking at the falls.

Enjoy your cruise:)

FRANK,

I tried to do the same as you. After speaking with friends that live in BA, they told me not to try this. But... Lan Chilie air is running a sale for us$86.

each one way. They have a limited flight sched. The money you save you may be able to stay over-night. We will only be in BA for four days and have been advised to do either BA or the falls. Will be hot in January and a lot of walking at the falls.

Enjoy your cruise:)

Iguazu Falls is not to be missed. With 4 days in BA, you can easily do an overnight trip to Iguazu Falls and have enough time for BA. A day trip will be very rushed.

Does LAN Chile fly nonstop from BA to Iguazu?

May I ask what travel agent did you use?

Esther

I don't know about dileep, but we used Defrantur tours in BA (Ricardo) for everything from airport pickup, city tour, hotel, Iguazu air (about $200pp), Iguazu tour (ask for Ortiz), Iguazu hotel, BA hotel, Tango show and much more - Ricardo is very reliable and reasonable.

Ron

I don't know about dileep, but we used Defrantur tours in BA (Ricardo) for everything from airport pickup, city tour, hotel, Iguazu air (about $200pp), Iguazu tour (ask for Ortiz), Iguazu hotel, BA hotel, Tango show and much more - Ricardo is very reliable and reasonable.

Ron

We did too and were very happy!

Ron and Dileep thank you both I think I am going to have to change plans a bit... was trying to flying into BA, go through customs and fly out of the local airport to the falls on the same day but it looks like maybe I may be pushing my luck. I will just have to settle for one night at the falls instead of the two.

Again thank you both for your help,

Esther

Ron and Dileep thank you both I think I am going to have to change plans a bit... was trying to flying into BA, go through customs and fly out of the local airport to the falls on the same day but it looks like maybe I may be pushing my luck. I will just have to settle for one night at the falls instead of the two.

Again thank you both for your help,

Esther

We ended up spending just one night at the falls and got to see everything from the Argentinian side. One more night would have been more relaxing, but we were glad to have had almost 24 hours there!

Stay at the Sheraton and spring for the Falls view room for your one night!

The place is unbelievable!

Ron

I tried emailing defrantur but I never got a response back from them. :confused:

Is there any way for me to book my own flight on the internet? Can someone point me in the right direction of a website?

TIA

We found the cheaper flights through lan.com last week and purchased them quickly. They were $186.66 US each. They had an 8:00 a.m. flight which will get us in to Iguazu by 9:45. I'm hoping that will give us enough time to cover the falls on the Argentine side only the same . Our flight back to BA leaves the next morning at 9:55 to arrive in BA by 11:55. in plenty of time to board our ship. It will be a quick trip, but worth it i think. Good luck with your plans!

We found the cheaper flights through lan.com last week and purchased them quickly. They were $186.66 US each. They had an 8:00 a.m. flight which will get us in to Iguazu by 9:45. I'm hoping that will give us enough time to cover the falls on the Argentine side only the same . Our flight back to BA leaves the next morning at 9:55 to arrive in BA by 11:55. in plenty of time to board our ship. It will be a quick trip, but worth it i think. Good luck with your plans!

You should have enough time for the Argentine side. Have fun.

Can you tell me if the falls are lighted at night? I was wondering if a falls view room would be worth it if you cannot see the falls at night.

Thanks

No they are not, but the colors at sunset and sunrise are great!

Archived