RCCL Swirl Martini Glasses

masonpips

I guess these were around last year but I fell in love with them this year and was determined to get a set of 4. Dh was determined I get a set of 8, so that's how many we came home with! Special thanks to Preston on the Navigator who found me two of their boxes (each held 4) and I was able to fit one box in my carry-on backpack and carried the other via the RCCL white plastic tote bag in the room. He also went and found me one of the final colors when I was on a search for the last two!

LOVE these! Just wanted to let anyone cruising soon see them in advance in case you had a hankering as well. And, we saw them being used to serve cut up limes and lemons in the concierge lounge so there is SO much you can use them for. Someone else from my rollcall said she uses them for sherbet or ice-cream too!

47b6ce08b3127cce98548252b01f00000017108IasnLRw0Zo

The glasses are very cool looking.. Did you buy them on the cruise?

Yes, started as a drink of the day and when we became obsessed, I just asked for my drink in them - I usually had seabreezes and it was no big deal. I think the drink + glass was anywhere from $8.95 to $ 12.95 depending on the drink.

Yep, we have quite the collection too...generally it was some sort of premium Margarita at Bolero's that got us the glass. The drink was awesome, and the glasses are a nice bonus.

We have souvenir martini glasses too! :D

what many people do not know is that any drink served in a "glass" glass of any type, (except in the dining room) is yours to keep.. they charge for the glass when you buy the drink, and so many people do not know this and leave them around the pool deck and such.. they re-wash them when found and resell them again.. quite a monopoly... but they do not advertise that all the glasses are yours to keep..I brought home a set of swirl glasses on my very first cruise, and thought I was stealig them, just to find out that they were mine all along. we have many styles and alot of the glass hurricane glasses as well. we left many behind on the last cruise because we have so many I did not want more.. you can ask for your drinks in a regular cup and then you are not charged for the fancy glass.. drinks are about 4.25 in a regular cup.

happy glass collecting to all :):)

My husband have recently taken an interest in Martini's spotted these glasses right away on the trip! Just a few weeks prior to the trip, we had replaced all our serving glasses with new and improved glassware. Knowing we really didn't have anymore room in cabinets didn't stop us from making sure we went home with a set of 4 (one of each color)!!!!

Had to go on a special mission on the last night to get one color we didn't have. Thank goodness they will exchange them out for you if you don't like the color!!!!

We LOVE them! :D

Are the ones on the right side ORANGE???? I have 8 also, but I didn't get any orange ones. I have 4 red, 2 yellow & 2 green.

Thanks,

Pat

Thanks, I though maybe I dreamed it. i thought I saw green last winter on AOS. I'm getting a different one each cruise. I hope they have green on Explorer. I have not seen the white ones.

They also had blue on the Explorer this month. What looks like white in the picture is probably yellow. I never saw white.

You can also swap the plastic souvenir glass for a hurricane glass if you don't like plastic.

You can order any kind of drink in any glass. You don't have to take the drink of the day they are walking around with.:D

I also have 4 of them and use them for dips and put them in the middle of the plate and add chips around them. Works out great and very decorative. I thought I was stealing them too and then realized everyone was. haha Here I thought I was getting away with something.

We were on the Navigator in April and just want to give CUDO'S to Preston. What a marvelous cocktail/pool bar attendant. Always friendly and candidly that is why we are bringing a group of 8 cabins on the Mariner next April because of people like him. I hope the folks at RCI read this post, because individuals like him make me proud to say I am a shareholder in the Company...

We were on the Navigator in April and just want to give CUDO'S to Preston. What a marvelous cocktail/pool bar attendant. Always friendly and candidly that is why we are bringing a group of 8 cabins on the Mariner next April because of people like him. I hope the folks at RCI read this post, because individuals like him make me proud to say I am a shareholder in the Company...

I brought home 8.....but they really do break easily.....so now I am down to 4.....I know the glass is thick but if you put 2 together-for some reason the bottom ones broke.....But I am looking foward to getting more..

and I love the idea about using them for shrimp coctail.. YUMMM

They also had blue on the Explorer this month. What looks like white in the picture is probably yellow. I never saw white.

I asked at the bar what all the colors were because I thought they had white also....on their drink menu thing it looked white. Anyway, they told me they only came in 4 colors: Red, Orange, Yellow and Green.

I would love a Blue one if it really exists!!! Hmmmm :confused:

Archived