If you could get back on your favorite ship...

Wear more comfortable clothes and pack lighter :D

Definitely! And not sweat the small stuff!

I was so worried about our first cruise. Would we be under/over dressed in the dining room? Would we have enough clothes? I way overpacked, including underwear! Once I was on board, there were a couple of outfits I didn't even wear. I had the ship laundry do my most comfortable pair of black crop pants, and I wore different tops.

Next time packing will be much less stressful!

Although I've enjoyed the vast majority of my cruises, there is one ship that I would love to have the opportunity to cruise on again. It was the old American Hawaiian Independence and the experience was one of the most enjoyable vacations we have ever had.

People either loved or hated the ship and I'm happy to say, we absolutely loved it. Some people thought it was an old rust bucket, but we loved the patina and the history that new ships just do not have.

Packing light is something we discovered is a far nicer way to travel. We're not bothered by wearing the same article 2 or even 3 times during a cruise. We use the ships laundry/dry cleaning service and it's not only easier on your back with lighter suitcases, there is less laundry to do when you return home.

It is an adjustment, but once you try it, you'll see how much more sense it makes. I've also cut back as far as possible on shoes (a statement a lot of women dread hearing!). The cute sandals that only go with one outfit stay at home, the comfy ones that I can really walk in get to go.

We've also gradually eliminated most extra "stuff" and find we really don't need it all. We take along the creature comforts we cannot do without for the week and leave the rest of it home. Our goal is to one day pack for a cruise in a rollaboard.

Fly a kite in San Juan at Fort El Morro. We did this last year with my Sis & BIL and it was fabulous -- there are no power lines, the ocean is all around and the winds are perfect. One of our kites soar over 600 feet in the air. It was an incredible afternoon.

i was just there on a late afternoon in April to watch the Grandeur sail away, (we had just gotten off that morning) and there must have been 100 people with kites in the sky, almost motionless! It was surreal... so we went back the next morning and toured the fort, (highly reccommended) then bought some of those tropical ices from a vendor and went off exploring in OSJ. What a day, what a memory!:D

Well I keep going back on my favorite ship, so keep doing the things I love over and over, so cant say I would change a thing, other than maybe, cruise more often if I could! I would like to be able to go at least twice a year.

Fly a kite in San Juan at Fort El Morro. We did this last year with my Sis & BIL and it was fabulous -- there are no power lines, the ocean is all around and the winds are perfect. One of our kites soar over 600 feet in the air. It was an incredible afternoon.

I'll be sailing there in DEc, so can you buy kites there or did you bring your own???? Haven't flown a kite in years

Great idea, thanks.

Oh way too many things!

As a previous poster said, I would definately pack lighter. I packed way too many shoes.

Our last cruise was just last month on Freedom and I wish I had done a back to back. There is way too much to see and do on that ship. And with 4 port days, and only 2 sea days, there is not nearly enough time. On Labadee I would do the waverunners. I wish I had done that.

I came home feeling un-rested and felt as though I did not accomplish half the things I said I would do. After 15 months of planning to be on Freedom, it was just to big to do in a week. I might do it again, or Liberty, just to do the rest. And this time I would spend more time on the ship since I have seen all the ports.

Archived