Hotels in Seattle

GATOR MOM

Which pier? We have two cruise terminals here. If you're leaving from Pier 66, you should stay at the Edgewater .. it's built on pilings out over the water and it's very close to pier 66. You might also try the new Marriott which is also right there. if you're leaving from the other terminal, that is a very industrial area. Probably best to get a hotel in downtown and taxi over. Not that far, but too far to hike it with all your luggage, etc.

Which pier? We have two cruise terminals here. If you're leaving from Pier 66, you should stay at the Edgewater .. it's built on pilings out over the water and it's very close to pier 66. You might also try the new Marriott which is also right there. if you're leaving from the other terminal, that is a very industrial area. Probably best to get a hotel in downtown and taxi over. Not that far, but too far to hike it with all your luggage, etc.

Thx Sailorgirl...& you sure must know Seattle...but I don't know yet what pier I'm sailing from...it's the Golden Princess. At the moment there is a BIG mess up with my booking...but we hope to sail in May on her. :o

hi

we are looking at this hotel for next june. manager said its about 1km from the pier. its economical and has "historical "character. reviews are mostly positive especially if you are looking for just a bed for the night.

http://www.moorehotel.com/

Thx for hotel name...but honestly...I feel better re Hilton or Marriott or the like...& BAD HABIT...I smoke...they are non smoking.

Ok, Princess goes from the cruise terminal in the industrial part of the waterfront .. or, at least they did. I think there's a spot opening up on Pier 66 next summer, so not sure who's moving in there.

Anyway, I'd definitely recommend something downtown for you. And watch the smoking thing ... seriously. We've got weird smoking rules around here ... no smoking in public spaces inside a building (including bars), and when you're outside, the law is no smoking within 25 feet of a public doorway. Check through AAA or someone, we've definitely got Hilton's and Marriotts here, but I'm not familiar with them (except that the new Marriott is right on the waterfront and looks really nice).

Yes, I know I should quit my rotten bad habit. We have rules here too...no smoking indoors etc. And yes, Marriott just started a no smoking policy at all hotels. I only smoke outdoors...don't even smoke in my house.

That Marriott looks lovely!!!

Thx for all the info...I guess I need to find out for sure where Princess docks & then go from there. Thx again...any other ideas are welcome...Happy Cruising to All:)

One more thought...there is a possibility I would drive from San Francisco to Seattle to meet the ship...Sailorgirl...I think it is I 5 that I would take...assume there are tons of hotels along it? If I were to just stay on the Interstate...would it be a bad drive to get to the Seattle Pier area? Not sure I want to spend $300 for a downtown hotel:rolleyes:

You'll have no problems getting from I-5 to the pier area (either one). If they use the pier they cruised out of last year, you can easily see the ships from I-5. Or "The 5" as it's called in CA.

Exits are well marked (even though I can't remember the exit number). Mapquest.com will detail it out well.

If you drive, you'll have plenty of hotel/motel options

-Monte

hi

we are looking at this hotel for next june. manager said its about 1km from the pier. its economical and has "historical "character. reviews are mostly positive especially if you are looking for just a bed for the night.

http://www.moorehotel.com/

WOW-I've gone past the Moore many times, but never had any idea how reasonable the price was. After looking at their website (and knowing the location-Great access to the Paramount) I think I'll be giving them a try!

-Monte

Thx so much for all the quick replys ...all are so helpful. Wow...can actually see the ships from I-5...Kinda gives me the feeling I could find it then:p !!! It would be a long haul from San Fran...we are actually booked on the Golden out of San Fran but now I find out I can't combine cruises to 2 USA ports...& San Fran/ Vancouver/ Seattle & on to Alaska...seems to be a problem...so...now may drive instead of cruise. Want to go to San Fran to see family...anyway...not your problem...just pouring out my woes:eek:

Hi again, GatorMom--We stayed at the Best Western Pioneer Square last year when we cruised HAL. It's probably the closest to Terminal 30 which is where Princess and HAL cruise from. It's not fancy, but clean, nice. There's some history to the building--sort of interesting and walkable to Pike Place Market and the waterfront areas. In spite of what I said on the Golden board, we'll probably re-book the Golden Princess for the RT portion. We do like the itinerary. And it's less expensive to fly in/out of Seattle (more money for souvenirs). Since the Golden sails on Saturday, we'll probably take a late Friday evening flight and stay near the airport (for @100 or less) then take a cab (about $35?) to the port the next morning.

You might call around to some of the hotels at Seatac airport .. there's a ton there. Some of them may allow you to keep your car parked on their property and even shuttle you to the cruise terminal (if not, taxis from the airport aren't that high ... uner 30, probably). We used to live in Sacramento and did this for flights out of San Francisco. Was REALLY convenient, and easier, cheaper than trying to find parking elsewhere.

Hi again, GatorMom--We stayed at the Best Western Pioneer Square last year when we cruised HAL. It's probably the closest to Terminal 30 which is where Princess and HAL cruise from. It's not fancy, but clean, nice. There's some history to the building--sort of interesting and walkable to Pike Place Market and the waterfront areas. In spite of what I said on the Golden board, we'll probably re-book the Golden Princess for the RT portion. We do like the itinerary. And it's less expensive to fly in/out of Seattle (more money for souvenirs). Since the Golden sails on Saturday, we'll probably take a late Friday evening flight and stay near the airport (for @100 or less) then take a cab (about $35?) to the port the next morning.

Well...Hi again!!! Thx for info...will check out the Best Western...& I think they might offer free breakfast!!! At the moment we are thinking of just taking the R/T Golden out of Seattle...I am getting too many stories re the combo of cruises & don't feel safe. Have to call my agent. We are thinking of renting a car & driving up from San Fran...not sure...but it's an idea. Fly into San Fran & then home from Seattle. It's getting too confusing...but maybe we'll meet on board. I'll post on Golden site later...but tonight is CSI...I'm hooked on it...so bye 4 now:)

You might call around to some of the hotels at Seatac airport .. there's a ton there. Some of them may allow you to keep your car parked on their property and even shuttle you to the cruise terminal (if not, taxis from the airport aren't that high ... uner 30, probably). We used to live in Sacramento and did this for flights out of San Francisco. Was REALLY convenient, and easier, cheaper than trying to find parking elsewhere.

Thx for the airport hotel idea...As I just wrote to Funcorn ( we met on the Golden site) I would want to return a rental car after driving from san Fran...& a hotel airport would be a good place to do that...have a lot to check out...Thx for info:)

Thx Salorgirl...I was just looking at a site that did say there are rental places right at the cruise ship pier...I'll check that out too. Also looked at the Best Western Pioneer Square Hotel...sounds OK...so...at least I have some ideas....now to call the travel agent! We are booked on 3 cruises right now but I have to cancel the short leg ones...some stupid rule re 2 USA ports.

Looking at pix...it looks like Seattle is a beautiful city:)

Yeah, I don't get that rule either ... completely "rules out" using a cruise as viable transportation to and from somewhere.

Thanks for the compliment on Seattle! I really love it here too. Came for my first visit when a friend got married. I was here for all of about 2 hours before I realized I needed to LIVE here. Been here now for 10 years.:)

I mentioned this thread to the wife. She wants me to make reservations for the Moore for a couple weeks from now and buy tickets for Tim Conway/Harvey Korman.

I guess to keep this on topic, I'll need to come back and let everyone know what we though of the Moore.

-Monte

LOL! I saw Tim Conway and Harvey Korman at the Paramount a few years back. GO! Will you enjoy them a LOT. And I hear this is their last tour.

Sure will (and you're right-they're advertising this as their farewell tour).

-Monte

Just an FYI...

I tried to reserve The Moore for next June and they are not taking reservations for anything after Memorial Day until March 2007.

But it looks like a nice hotel and really can't beat the prices!!

Looking forward to your thoughts on it Monte.

Archived