Unsassigned cabin question.

Rellik01

I was wondering when my family and I arrive at the pier with our lugage and no cabin assigned (I assume a generic tyoe of tag is provided) as we booked guartantee, how does our luggage find its way to our cabin?

Thanks

When is your cruise & do you have your docs yet? If not, it may assigned before you sail and the correct tags will come with your docs.

This past June, I arrived at the pier without a cabin assignment. I had my "TBA" luggage tags attached and filled out and the baggage handlers, after checking the manifest, simply wrote my cabin # on the TBA tags with a magic marker. They made it to my assigned cabin without a hitch.

Yes, if you do not have a cabin assigned you will receive gray tags, fill them out, ask the porter your room number and write the number in.

The gray tags work great, I read many posts where people say to go to the porters and get correct tags, that is just bunk, Carnival staff knows exactly what to do with the gray tags. I think they even work better because they have to actually read the cabin number, more care is taken.

Yup, the gray TBA tags work fine. You should remember to get the cabin number and put it on the tags (or the porter may do it for you), but I have to confess that on our last cruise, we just forgot to ask about our cabin number, the porter didn't notice and loaded our bags into a bin to be loaded on the ship. So our luggage had tags, but the tags were missing the cabin number.

And our luggage showed up pretty promptly at our cabin. Someone somewhere along the way looked up our cabin number and put it on the tags.

All will be well.

Archived