Let me repost this question.......

Ethel5

Since I made a mess of it the first time! That's what I get for posting from work.

My friends made an onboard booking for cabin C753 and when they got home that confirmation stated cabin B753 which they didn't want-they booked a corner cabin and of course, they are now all sold out. Princess has been of no help stating she needs to talk with the future booking rep who made the mistake-he's on a ship! She should have checked her confirmation while still on board but we are all human. She has been offered cabin D734 and has booked it but is now questioning the empty space between the two regular cabins. This would be for the Emerald Princess. does anyone know what that empty space is and does it cause a problem?

Hard to say, as the Emerald is still under construction at the shipyard.

As she is a sister of the Crown, perhaps someone who has been on the Crown will be able to assist (of course that is no guarantee - running changes often made during construction).

As she is a sister of the Crown, perhaps someone who has been on the Crown will be able to assist (of course that is no guarantee - running changes often made during construction).

That's what I'm hoping for. Thanks.

Donna, sorry to hear about your friends... I'd be seriously pissed if I discovered that the cabin I'd booked wasn't the cabin on my confirmation. I guess it's a hard lesson learned to always check your receipts. I rarely book a cruise while onboard although I buy open Future Cruise bookings. I then have my TA do the booking and make sure I've got what I want. In a case where a particular cabin is available, I'd do the same thing your friends did, i.e., book the cabin right away to lock it in. Hope it works out for them.

She has been offered cabin D734 and has booked it but is now questioning the empty space between the two regular cabins. This would be for the Emerald Princess. does anyone know what that empty space is and does it cause a problem?

Hi Donna, Looking at the diagrams for both the Crown (& the Caribbean Princess for that matter) which, like Druke said are similar ships, the layout is the same. If you are talking about that blank space at the end of the cabin towards the rear of the ship, that should be the balcony.Hope this helps.

P.S. I see that your sailing is on 10/27 with us. Pop on over to the roll-call when you get a chance.

Joe

........ She has been offered cabin D734 and has booked it but is now questioning the empty space between the two regular cabins. This would be for the Emerald Princess. does anyone know what that empty space is and does it cause a problem?

If you look at the following Crown Princess picture it appears the empty space between D734 and D735 are crew areas. You can see a couple of doors that access the balconey. I would not be worried about it and it seems that with the swap Princess is trying to provide equal or better accomodations.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2592668260081189881tiBhPL

We have booked onboard for a future cruise but not a specific one. Does anyone know, can you book more than one future cruise onboard? And, if so, how many?

You can book as many as you would like. They are usually good for 4 years.

Thanks for your reply. I think an open future booking deposit is a really good deal particularly for cruises longer than 7 days and for people that book far in advance. Instead of a $900 deposit (for two people) for our next 10-day cruise in April, the deposit was the $200 we booked onboard awhile ago. I liked that! Plus the longer the cruise, the more onboard credit you get. In our case, balcony cabin, it's $100 per person for this cruise. Don't see how anyone can pass this up. If you don't use the deposit over the span of four years, it is my understanding you get it back! Anyone have any cons to present? Sounds like good income for Princess as well - win/win situation - as long as Princess is sailing!

Archived