What's Better, Paradise Beach or Playa Del Carmen?

shiptrashgirl

Hi!

Going on Explorer next week and trying to decide between Paradise Beach in Cozumel or taking the ferry over to Playa Del Carmen. Just wondering which beach is bigger and wider, has fewer waves and more room to spread out and have a little space?? Everyone seems to recommend Paradise Beach, but from the pics the beach looks a little narrow....?? Also, is there shopping on both beaches?

THANKS!!

Felisha

You can get lots of Cozumel beach info. at http://www.cozumel-beach.com. I went there and found the site very helpful. Having to pay no entrance fee and not being nickeled and dimed to death for every little thing made me choose Paradise beach. Paradise beach does not charge a chair rental fee and the umbrellas and hammocks are free too. Other free things include: snorkel equipment, floatie mats, water trampoline, and kayaks. And if I want to rent a banana boat next door it's only $10.00. They also have changing rooms and fresh water showers. You might find something nicer elsewhere but beware of the hidden fees. You might go to the above mentioned website and do some investigating.

Upsssss !!!!, sorry, I don't want to be rude, but, Playa del Carmen is not a Beach Club, Playa del Carmen is a town, in that part of the state beginning Riviera Maya, one of the most important turistic zone in Mexico ....you can found some nice restaurants on the beach and a few Beach Clubs in Playa del Carmen, nothing outside of this word !!

Playa Del Carmen, as Salvador said, is not a beach club. It is a tourist area south of Cancun on the mainland.

Considering your limited amount of time in Cozumel, I would recommend staying there. It's roughly 45 minutes there and 45 minutes back so there's an hour and a half out of your day right there. Cozumel has beautiful, beautiful beaches and reefs. Heck, we go down for a week to 10 days at a time and never leave the island.

Archived