What You Love Best About Cruising

All of the above and one more, which I'm probably not allowed to mention. Suffice it to say this: oceanview "snuggling"! ;) And nighttime walks on deck with the stars shining above and the ocean sounds below....maybe it's because I'm from the generation that grew up watching "The Love Boat" but there's nothing more romantic than standing beside DH, wrapped in each others' arms and enjoying those nighttime walks! :D

Going out on the balcony in the morning and enjoy the view as we come into a new port. It's a view that not a lot of people get to see.

Watching the flying fish shoot out at the bow and sail across the water.

Getting out of bed when I want to.

The people and bartenders at the schooner bar.

Watching everything at night in Alaska summers, midnight sun and the northern lights.

Eagles gliding down the sides of the ship while in port.(Alaska)

A massage in the morning. (I only get them on a cruise. 1 per cruise.)

Eating dinner on my balcony after a long day in port.

Cruising with friends I have made on other cruises.

Going with a people that have never cruised before and watching their reaction to cruising. It makes me happy to see others happy.

Just getting out there.

1 - Making the DG very happy!

2 - Breakfast on our balcony - every day. You can order whatever you like - it just can't be beat - especially on the sea days! Coffee, Danish, eggs benedict, juice, potatoes - and the view of the Caribbean sea is included!!!!!

3 - Sea days - Lounging in the Solarium with a great book and a bucket of beers.

4 - Winning at Jenga - the loser has to go get snacks for lounging in the Solarium. Fresh fruit, sandwiches, another bucket of beer.

5 - The Ship - it is a destination unto itself

when you first step across the gangway, over the threshold of the ship.. as the burdensome reality of one world slips backward off your shoulders.. and you are thrust into the gleaming landscape of a fully realized fantasy...

THAT'S what I like about crusing!

(not to mention all the other posted reasons I've nodded to in silent agreement ..)

The Romance of the sea. My husband and I have found no other place that we have vacationed to be as romantic as a balcony room on a cruise ship, especially an aft cabin. A ship is a place that we can go and focus totally on each other for an entire week, get away from the stress of life, great food, great entertainment, great accommodations, and fun places to see. We would have never been able to visit all the places that we have if it wasn't for cruise ships. Forget marriage retreats and seminars, book a cruise, the ocean takes care of the rest!

Swiss

Being on deck at night...with a full moon casting it's reflection on the water and listening to amazing music to go along with mother nature's show on my headphones. Not to mention the gentle rock that lulls me to sleep at night. Did I mention food? FOOD FOOD FOOD. =)

1. SEA DAYS!--all the onboard activities and nightly productions

2. Night time on the balcony with the moon glistening on the water and a gentle breeze.

3. The cultural diversity of the people working on the ship and at port!!!

~Dentistalista

The Calypso Band - How could I forget!!!

The first cruise we ever took we had a drink in hand and were making our way to the pool deck for the sail away celebration and the band started playing Margaritaville!! A great memory!! Not to mention the Bahama Mama!! :cool:

Archived