New to Princess - compare to other lines?

spritzy

Since we have been on all 3 ships, I vote for Princess. We find the staff and food to be better. Now, bear in mind that these boards are for personal opinions, and you will surely get those here! Some are rude and some are nice!

Princess - ah, the love boat! We are Platinum members of Princess, and also like the little "treats" that come along with that. I would also post on the individual cruise line boards, and maybe you'll hear more that way.

I have been on Princess and RCCL. I like Princess better but enjoyed most of cruise on RCCL. The service issuses I had, had to deal with being disabled on Navigator of the Seas.

Voyager is larger then the Star but they both have nice alternative places to eat. The pools on Princess are freshwater ones and open 24/7. The Horizon Court is also open all night. I liked the Princess Spa better but Ithink it was because the girls asked more questions first with my MS. The Princess crew were a little more friendly with me then on Navigator.

I started cruising in the 1980s and much has changed over the years. I have cruise Costa (1), Carnival (4), Regency (1), Princess (4), NCL (3) and Celebrity (1). The cabins size on Carnival are consistent as is their cabin decor...you will know what you get long before you get there. We have enjoyed the Carnival kitchen's cuisine, better than NCL of late. Very nice people (staff and crew) on both NCL and Princess. Only one Celebrity cruise so far, but we are going again in November. Many beautiful things aboard the Constellation. Best service was on Princess when we went to Alaska, the crew had worked together for a long time and we smooth at doing everything. Princess does offer 24 hours food, but the pizza joint has limited hours. Whereas on Carnival, pizza 24 hours. On the Triumph, there was a NY style deli that I took advantage of 10 pm (corned beef and a pickle). Ice cream on Celebrity is made on board and free every afternon, others charge for ice cream. Celebrity does something a bit different, no announcements. It has been somewhat irritating on some other lines with their constant calls to events and such.

We were going to go back to Princess after January's Celebrity, but could not get an itinerary that we wanted on Princess, so Celebrity again! Often, it is not just the ship, but where and when the cruise occurs can make the decision for you.

Jim

Archived