guide/driver in Istanbul

Has anyone used the services of a tour company called Turfantastik in Istanbul? If so, how would you rate them? Can anyone recommend a private tour company in Istanbul ? There doesn't seem to be much info out there for tour guides in Instanbul. HELP !

Thanks, Monterey Girl

http://www.ekoltravel.com/turkey/shoreexcursions.html

I am traveiling to Itanbal too, and I am useing Ekol Travel company. Now I havent actually used them yet, but I have done many and I mean many e-mails to them. They would always send a quick and informative reply back to my questions and they are makeing special little trip for us. I have made many private tours for this cruise and this company has had the best customer service out of all of them. Also did I mention prices are very good. They were cheaper then what NCL had, so yeah :)

I have used Ekol travel for Istanbul, and had a great time. Our guide was Tolga, he was very entertaining. We had lunch at the Hamdi restaurant overlooking the harbor, a great place with wonderful views. (make sure you ask him to join you, great having someone who know the language and can get things done for you) He made reservations for us on the rooftop, and ordered everything for our group of 10.

Highly recommend....

Ask about the local drink called "rocky", I don't think that's how it's spelled. He really was extra funny after having one of those....

We used Ekol Travel, also, for two days in Istanbul on our recent cruise. Our guide was Umit and we highly recommend the company as we had a very good time and they did everything they said they would. Quite impressed!

Archived