Suggestion for RC Jewel - Honeymoon Only

patkat

Most of the threads seem to be about weddings actually taking place onboard or at a port-of-call. Any suggestions for transatlantic honeymooners on the RC Jewel in April 2007? Romantic spots on the ship, freebies to be had, spa services to book, etc.? I have only cruised once before, my future DH never, so everything will be new and exciting for us. But, if there is anything someone loved (or hated), please let me know.

Thanks,

Kathy

We were married on the Jewel. She's a gorgeous ship with lots of wonderful spots. We liked the champagne bar even though it was often crowded. The Hollywood Oydessy on the other hand never had a crowd. Even though it's the designated cigar bar, we only encountered cigar smokers once. The spa is wonderful -- we loved the hot stone massage. And there are wonderful aromatherapy steam rooms that are free of charge. Another surprise is that the hot tub in the solarium is open 24 hours, so plan a late night visit.

The steam rooms sound intriguing - are they only FoC if you purchase a spa service or can anyone walk in? I assume they are part of the spa, or part of the solarium? And thanks for the tip about the cigar bar - I probably would have avoided it as I am not a huge fan of smoke.

Steam room is in spa area and was available FoC even though we did not purchase spa services.

There will also be a gathering for honeymoon couples. If you've told the cruise line it's your honeymoom, you'll probably get an invite delivered to your cabin. If not, the time and place will be listed in daily newsletter. On our cruise they raffled some prizes (and more than half of the couples won something) and there was a complimentary glass of champagne for everyone. It only lasted a half hour which was just long enough.

Archived