Some Information On the $10.00 per day gratutity/service charge

It is no big deal to have the front desk take it off. It sounds as though you are bracing yourself for some sort of battle/altercation.

They will want to know why because they will be rightfully concerned that you are not happy with the service that you have recieved (and this will go against your servers). Of course they also want to encourage people to tip the help, if they are happy with the service. No sin in that.

Should you tip your servers out of this system they are required to pool the tips, so its not really doing them a favor.

Why can they not just do it as RCI is doing it now. Offer the automatic tip program but let you do it the standard way as well. HAL has no right to take a tip I have given a person and divide it up with others as they see fit. If I want to give them that right by using the auto system then fine, but to make it that there is no way for me to lower a tip for poor service and then give a great tip to those that have done well is unfair. I hope no other line starts to do this and I hope as well that HAL sees the need to adjust they way that are doing it now. Its so strange that this line never seems to get tipping worked out so that all can understand what is going to happen and also make it fair to both the staff and guest.

Someone on another thread indicated that the $10 was taken out for the last day of the cruise (Disembarkation day) which means he was charged $80 per peson for a 7 day cruise. Is this true? I have not received my Visa bill so I don't know what they added on the last day.

Archived