The Westin Pio Mar

0ldog

Here is my dilemma. I had never used priceline before and was looking for a one night pre-cruise. I started bidding, hoping to snag one of those real deals like Carbe Hilton for $65, and ended up with The Westin Rio Mar Beach Golf Resort & Spa. The problem is that it looks like it's in the middle of nowhere.

Any comments from someone who has stayed there before?

Thanks,

the westin rio mar is a wonderful resort. however, i would not recommend it for only one day. it is about 45-60 minutes from the airport and about an hour from the pier. a cab or the hotel shuttle would cost at least $50-75 each way. while it is in an isolated area, that is what makes it so nice. when you have a 2-3 day stay, this would be a great place to try.

steve

Westtin Rio Mar is in the eastern province of Rio Grande, i do not recommend this resort hotel for a 1 night pre cruise, too much hassle, it is good for a few days not for 1 night.

try something close to the port

here are some maps that can give you an idea where the ports are and the areas around it ( Isla Verde, Miramar, Condado, Old San Juan)

www.distritoculturalpr.com

We are staying at the RIO Mar post cruise. Feb. 3-5th. $120 a night Priceline..... $296 with fee. I have heard so much about the Westin, awesome hotel, but we rented a car via Priceline because of the 40 minute drive.

Archived