Cruise Club of America

livefree

Can anyone report any experiences with Cruise Club of America. Like so many agencies, they seem to have some great deals. But then, you have to pay a membership fee, and then an administrative fee, and, frankly, when there isn't a straightforward price I get suspicious. Are these guys OK?

On a related subject: Is there ANY desire on the part of the cruise lines to police the bogus/misleading offers out there?

Hi livefree, I have booked two cruises with them in the past and I am in a process of booking another. The previous two were exactly what they advertised. Were the prices as good or better than other TAs??? Who knows?

This topic was discussed about a month ago and there were several posts so I will post the link to the previous thread below. You might find the information useful.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=47963&highlight=Cruise+Club+America

Wes

Lets see, I have to pay a price to view a price. Is that it or am I missing something. If I view the price and am not impressed, do I get a refund, or is it a dollar in, fifty cents out ? I don't know. Any other's used this service since the last poster didn't check any other prices to compare.

OK, I have a little more news to share with those who were asking about the Cruise Club of America.

I had a cruise booked on board the Millennium (done during our last cruise) for a sailing in Dec. on Century. Just a few days ago wife's sister and her husband decided to go on their first cruise and wanted to go with us but not from FLL (Century's departure port) but from SJU on the Constellation.

I checked some prices on the Celebrity's web site, two other large web site agencies and I called two agents and got prices for the sailing that we wanted to book. After that I called the Cruise Club and asked them to transfer my original booking to the Constellation and book additional cabin for the new cruisers.

The price that was quoted was lower than what I have gotten from the other agents, so I booked with the Cruise Club.

Wes

Archived