Handicap Parking Info @ Port Everglades

Elaine515

Good Moring and Happy Thanksgiving All...

Unfortunately my mom just recently gave in and got a handicap parking tag for her car. She needed one a long time ago but was too stubborn. My question is this....

We were going to drive in my car to the Port but then I remember reading that with a Handicap Tag parking is free. I went to the Port Everglades Parking website but either it isn't there or I couldn't find it....

Do we have to have my mom's car with us in order not to pay for parking or can we just put her tag in my car? How does that work? I was kind of thinking that if someone had rented a car and put their tag in the car, it should be free, but I honestly don't know...

Thanks for your help with this one...

I know that Miami has the free parking if you are handicaped but from everything I have read here Port Everglades does not unless you have a lift in your car. If you should find out any differently please let me know as I have a handicap card also and will be sailing out of there in April. Linda

Archived