Cruising when expecting--

a1moty

Our family is trying to plan a family cruise. Someone in the family claims that cruise lines restrict cruising after 20 weeks of pregnancy. Does any one know if this is true--it is so hard to try to schedule in 6-9 months in advance around these young, child bearing age women.

Please share your knowledge!!

I hate to ask anyone to postpone my grandchildren!!

:eek:

From Celebrity's website:

Pregnancy

Celebrity Cruises cannot accept guests who will have entered their third trimester of pregnancy (27th week) at the beginning or at any time during their cruise vacation. Please contact us if you have already booked your cruise and do not meet this requirement.

We got off of the Connie in October along with my dd and sil, who are expecting. She was around 17 weeks pregnant when we started the cruise. There are restrictions, and you must abide by them. They are for the mother's safety, as well as keeping the cruise line un-liable. That is one reason why we chose the Canada/New England cruise, just in case we needed medical care. We felt, or rather my daughter and sil felt that if something happened, we'd be in America or Canada where good health care is available.

Be sure and talk at length with OB and get instructions.

Everything was fine with BJ, and we all had a WONDERFUL cruise! Just look at all of that food available for a pregnant woman!

And, no, you don't want to postpone your grandchildren. This is our first and we are SO excited! Too bad we didn't know during the cruise what the sex was, or I could have bought so much stuff!

Sometimes these things don't go according to plan, if you know what I mean. BJ and Eric got pregnant about six months before they planned to. LOL!

Have fun planning,

Shay

We cruised last year when my wife was about 6 months pregnant. No problems.

One thing to keep in mind aside from the cruiseline policys, how will she feel? A tough pregnancy can make for a miserable cruise, the motions of the ship, the scents in the air, the food. Morning sickness could really do a job on her.

From Celebrity's website:

Pregnancy

Celebrity Cruises cannot accept guests who will have entered their third trimester of pregnancy (27th week) at the beginning or at any time during their cruise vacation. Please contact us if you have already booked your cruise and do not meet this requirement.

Thanks wrp96 for the actual rule and osiebosie and chessbriar for the personal experiences and opinions. It is so difficult to try and plan when you have no idea how long it is going to take my youngest to actually get pregnant--since this is her first.

Anyway, thanks for the help, I knew that this was the place to come for a quick answer.

BTY: If any of you saw the Extreme Home MakeOver that aired last night, the daughter mentioned above got to volunteer on that home. It was so exciting! ;)

We have wonderful friends who were told they could have no children. She had endometriosis.

They took a cruise, and Wal-lah!, nine months later came their one and only daughter!

So maybe you should plan the cruise for ...

Shay

We have wonderful friends who were told they could have no children. She had endometriosis.

They took a cruise, and Wal-lah!, nine months later came their one and only daughter!

So maybe you should plan the cruise for ...

Shay

Wow, that ended up being one expensive cruise.:)

Archived