Luggage valet service

Joby

We are taking a Celebrity Galaxy cruise out of San Juan in January. Our flight is on US Air.

Can I contact Celebrity or US Air beforehand to find out the specifics of the luggage valet service? What department handles the service?

Our scheduled docking is at 7 AM on a Monday and our flight doesn't leave until 3:15 PM.

We would like to tour San Juan and then go to the airport, but the ship's tour drops off at the airport at 10:15 AM according to Celebrity. We don't want to sit at the aiport that long! Celebrity said that passengers need to be at the airport at least 4 hours pre-flight:eek:

We also asked about private tours that do tours/airport drop off, but found it too expensive for just 3 of us. Haven't had any luck in finding another group to share.

We are aware of leaving luggage at Barrchina option. Mom uses a wheelchair/cane to get around, so walking tours are out.

Trying to find the least expensive, but useful to us, options.

Countryside, yes, I've checked with the tourist board and found it too expensive for just the 3 of us. The price was better for more people on the city tour/airport drop off, but we have not had any luck finding any others to share.

Don't want to even think of you sitting in the airport all that time. There is

a luggage storage across from piers in OSJ. Since your Mom has a wheelchair,

you could all walk along the waterfront without any problem. The Paseo de la Princesa has some beautiful buildings and views of the bay. There are usually

some place to buy drinks or ice cream and benches where you can sit. Try

http://www.enjoypuertorico.com for a map of OSJ. My late husband had Parkinson's

and as long as we could, we went out to stores, parks and church. I hope you

enjoy San Juan.

Hi Oaktree, your screen name seems very fitting for you--strong. It sounds as though you and your late husband enjoyed traveling.

Last time Mom, my sister and I were in OSJ, I went to El Morro by myself via the OSJ walking tour guide I had in hand and Mom and my sister "tried" to cruise around THROUGH town. Didn't work too well with the cobblestones, hills and narrow sidewalks vs. wheelchair :)

I had forgotten that the walkway around the water was fairly smooth. That may be a good option--around the outskirts not through the interior of OSJ.

Thanks for the idea!

So happy you didn't say what a stupid idea! I'm going to be spending Jan and

Feb in the Condado area in an apartment. What date are you there? I might

take the bus over and meet you if you would like. Always good to make new

friends. You can answer here.

Oaktree, there are never "stupid ideas", just ideas that are not usuable by everyone:)

We will return to San Juan on February 2. We're still trying to firm up plans for our time after disembarking and pre-airport. I'll let you know here, OK?

Celebrity sails from the Pan Am Pier. I don't know if US Air participates in the Onboard Luggage Valet program but I do know that there is a US Air check in desk at the pier. You could easily check your bags in there at the pier and not have to deal with them again. I would then recommend looking to see if you could find a private tour, sometimes you can even find one waiting at the pier when you get off the ship.

Archived