Self-Service Laundry ?

Moonglow

Can anyone tell me if there is a self-service laundry on the Regal? We are going on a 30 day cruise in August and and clothes will be a real problem. The ship's laundry does great on washable pants, but tops are a different matter. Thanks.

Carol

There are 2 rather large laundry rooms (10 washers/10 dryers) on decks 5 and 10 (IIRC). 3 to 4 irons/boards in each. I believe that it's one dollar per washer and one dollar per dryer; soap powder is extra. (Hint: buy your own favorite brand before boarding, and take some fabric softener sheets for the dryers.)

This assumes that your August cruise on the REGAL is the Los Angeles to Sydney (final) cruise, while the ship is still operating under the PRINCESS banner. This can (and probably will) change once the ship is re-branded to P&O Australia.

Have a great cruise!

Anyone know about the washers and dryers on the SUN cause we will be doing the 30 days on that ship and will have the kids with us so guess a lot of loads will be done!!!!

Small laundries on the Sun, 2 washers/dryers and 1 ironing board on each deck. 75 cents each for washer and dryer and $1 for soap. The laundry will fill up quickly on formal night afternoons so you might want to schedule your laundry and ironing around these peak times. :)

The washers / dryers on the Sun-class ships (Sun, Sea and Dawn) are relatively small stack washer/dryers rather than the separate machines on other ships. There are only two of each in a very small room. They are not free. I found that starting my laundry at 4:00 - 4:30PM had everything done in time for dinner.

Washers and dryers on Sea Princess are small and stacked - only 2 of each per floor as you describe, but they're free or at least they were last week.:)

Thats cool we're on Sea in January, do they have irons in these rooms?

FYI: On Sea Prin last week there was a FREE self-service laundry room on each floor -- the 2 washers are front-loaders by Miele, so don't use too much detergent!! I brought along 2 tiny boxes of powder & used only 1/2 a box for one load of whites. The washer has a separate rinse option & ran that seeing there was still some soapsuds. The 2 dryers are small & slow, so I broke my washer load into 2 dryer loads which took quite a while. However everything came out soooo nice. Many ladies were using the irons -- there were 3 of those on Aloha deck. The free washer/dryer is a feature I missed dearly last year on HA Westerdam!!!

Does anyone know what kind of laundry soap they have in the dispensers? Do they have any "fragance free" soap? If they don't, I'll need to bring my own. I'm leaving in 16 days on the Grand Princess! :D

We take our own soap, I but the tablets so there is no mess and they come 2 in a pack in a box and then I take some dryer sheets in a ziplock, none of us are allergic but the last thing I need on vacation is a problem.:D

Guest debbiejohncruise

We have a european washer and dryer and you use different type of soap than in Canada and US. If you use a North American product, it will leave soap residue on your clothes. Also will have lots of suds. Use the European products and you will have no problem. No problem with the dryer sheets from North America though - you can use those in the dryer. Debbie

Archived