Malfini Beach

Kykitty

Can anyone give me pros/cons? Is is worth it? Last time we were at Labadee, there was only the Amiga Island snorkeling excursion, which was not too impressive. Has anyone snorkeled off of Malfini Beach? Thanks for input.

I took the malfini beach excursion last year and really enjoyed it. It depends on what you are looking for though. They take a very small group of people i believe like 20 by boat to a small secluded beach. You are given a drink when you get there, a beach mat, and snorkel equipment. They have chairs available for each person. There is plenty of sun and shade. They have a bar on the beach also to buy more drinks if wanted. It was very relaxing. The water was very calm. It was nice just floating on the mat. Since there are such a small number of people who go you are not bumping into anyone as you can at some of the other beaches at labadee. The snorkeling was jsut so so though in my opinion. Not too much to see a few fish. If you are looking for a secluded, relaxing beach this is the place for you, if you are looking for more action then book a different excursion. Hope I helped.

I agree with what Bayonnegrl said. If you're going for snorkling it's not the best. If you want a relaxing quite time it is definatly the place to go. It's very beautiful and relaxing. I try and go everytime we go to Labadee. The ride of is nice to because they give you a little history of the area. It's one of my favorite spots.

Thanks so much! It does seem as though you have to pay to even get to the beach right off the ship. It is unclear to me as to whether you have to pay to just go to the main beach there at Labadee now. We will probably just walk around and find a nice spot as cb suggests. Is it still difficult to get past the islanders trying to sell stuff?:eek:

Thanks so much! It does seem as though you have to pay to even get to the beach right off the ship. It is unclear to me as to whether you have to pay to just go to the main beach there at Labadee now. We will probably just walk around and find a nice spot as cb suggests. Is it still difficult to get past the islanders trying to sell stuff?:eek:

VERY DIFFICULT! I flipped out on one of the natives last year...like honestly screaming and cursing at him...im not afraid to admit it...he pushed my last button..those people are nasty and i think Royal Caribbean should apologize in advance for those people...i made a huge scene..obviously a little embarassing..but later on a lot of ppl who were there told me they are glad i spoke up because those people physically assault you and dont let go of you...i found it extremely offensive..no means no, especially after ten times of saying it. so anyway, go to malfini beach..its far away from you know who.

Archived