Excursions all booked!!!!!

cutekatcar

We leave 8/21 for 8 luxurious nights in Bermuda. On our full day in Kings Wharf, I have the Dolphin Encounter booked and while we are in Hamilton, I have the Fantasea Snorkeling booked. I can't wait to see my kids' faces when we get to the Dolphins (My 8 yr old thinks she has to be 10 to do it, so she thinks we're not going) and I can't wait to see how much they love riding on a catamaran.

I'm so excited I'm going to burst!!!!!!

Anna

LOL...know the feeling well Anna!! :)

Planning and looking forward to a trip is half the fun...Enjoy it!!! Bermuda is my favorite destination!! We did the 8 night Empress of the Seas cruise in June...it was "wonderful"!!!

Hi Anna, We are sailing on the Majesty on 08-22-04, we are doing the Dolphin Encounter on 08-26-04. What day will you be there? We are doing the dolphin thing at 11:45 and then we are doing Hartley''s Helmet dive at 2 pm, it will be a busy day for us.

Patty

Patty,

For a moment there - I thought that we would be doing the helmet dive together --- but we are booked for Wednesday the 25th at 2 pm, a day before you. I guess your ship must be moving into Kings Wharf on Thursday, when we (on the Empress) move out to Hamilton. Have you booked any other excursions elsewhere on the island and do you have any recommendations for them?

Have a great vacation!!!

Laurie

Our ship doesnt move once we get to Bermuda. It stays in port in St George. We will get good use out of the bus pass!!! LOL.

Last time in Bermuda we went to the Aquarium and the Crystal Caves. They were both "ok" but I wouldnt do them again.

Our ship offers a helmet dive, but I really loved Hartley's and I am afraid if we try a different one we will be dissapointed.

Patty

We may check out the Snorkel Park too.

Hartley's Helmet Dive is great!! Eyeglasses can be worn, you don't even get your head wet, and no problem for none-swimmers!!

We would also recommend the Ultimate Water Tour, from St. George...know it's offered on the Empress, not sure about the Majesty! Max. 2 hours, trimaran boat, knowledgable and humourous captain, tours Castle Harbor, and past Tucker's Town, Millionaire's Row, and goes out nearly to the barrier reef. Very enjoyable.

Have fun planning!!! ;)

Hello all ---

The reason that I booked the Hartley Helmet dive and not the one offered by RCCL was because of all the great reviews that were posted on these boards.
I am so excited about it. My younger son loves sea creatures, so I am sure he'll have much to love about the trip. My husband is slightly afraid that he'll be claustrophobic in the helmet. Go figure - he's a certified diver! Has anyone experienced feeling closed in?

Thanks for the advice about the Ultimate Water Tour, CruisFran, but I have this funny feeling that I don't want to be on another boat yet again, lol. I want to spend some time on land! I would love to see the millionaire homes though, especially Michael Douglas'.

The last time I was in Bermuda (which was...ugh... 1987) we toured the island on scooters, saw the Aquarium, laid out on Elbow Beach and partied in Hamilton with some of the crew. This time, with our children, will be a much different vacation. But I have such wonderful memories of this beautiful island, that it was first place I wanted to go - when I knew that we would cruise this year.

Laurie

Archived