Twenty dollar car rental in Ft. Lauderdale?

CaddyB123

I would say timing is everything. Maybe you are looking at a time frame when there are major things going on in Florida.

We rented a car in FLL for the day we were to disembark the ship (11/12) because our flight home was not until 7 pm. I had reserved with Budget for $20 (and odd change) for the day, plus around $10 taxes and fees. But be warned.....they tack on a $9.50 fee if you drive the car less than 75 miles. This was not pointed out to me at the time I was picking up the car. I only found out about it when I looked at my cc statement online and then went back and looked at my copy of the contract. It was not with all those other things that you initial that you are waiving (insurance, gas fill up, etc.). I immediately contacted Budget and they did credit me with the amount, plus they sent me some coupons for future rentals. I think they need to put this little item up with all the other things they point out to you.

Archived