How soon can we get to our room after boarding?

icydove

We've been on a cruise before, but I can't remember if we had to wait before going to our rooms. The kids take afternoon naps, so it would be wonderful if we could get them settled in once boarding. How soon is the drill, and is everyone required to go or a cabin representative would be ok? I can't imagine the kids would do well, especially if they are tired :(

We've been on a cruise before, but I can't remember if we had to wait before going to our rooms. The kids take afternoon naps, so it would be wonderful if we could get them settled in once boarding. How soon is the drill, and is everyone required to go or a cabin representative would be ok? I can't imagine the kids would do well, especially if they are tired :(

We have always been able to get into our cabin right away. If your cabin isn't ready - you can throw your bag(s) in there while you go explore the ship.

Everyone is required to attend the drill which takes place at approximately 4:00 - really its not that bad - after all once you are done with the drill your cruise is officially underway.

Diane

We had a 1:30 boarding time. We were on the ship before 11:30am. Our room wasn't ready, but the steward allowed us to drop our bags in the room. We toured the ship, went to lunch and went back to our room around 1:30 to get ready for the muster drill. Only half of our luggage had arrived before the muster drill. The rest arrived later that afternoon before dinner.

We have boarded as early as noon and been able to go right to our room - however we have also had to wait until closer to 2 p.m. It just depends how soon they get everyone off the ship and are able to get into the cabins to clean them.

On our last cruise on Paradise, we boarded about noon and were told we couldn't get to our cabins until 1:30 and they had the hallway fire doors

literally closed so you couldn't even get to the areas until 1:30. Every passenger is required to go to the muster drill, including kids. Make sure to ask your steward for child life vests if they aren't already there.

Thanks for the replies! We are supposed to board between 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Can we get on the ship earlier than that?

Most of the time you can board earlier than that. On my last cruise I was in my room by 11:30. I have heard that some people run into doors that are closed but I would think you should be in your room by 1:30 if you go to the port earlier. Now keep in mind that things can go wrong, there could be an unexpected inspection, the ship could have been delayed getting into port, any number of things could go wrong. Be prepared to have drinks, food, diapers or anything else the children might need at hand.

When they do make the call for muster, don't go right away. They will make a few calls. If you do go right away you will be crowded in the back & also waiting there longer with the children.

I do understand if everyone took this advice it would take for ever for the drill to get started.

On our last cruise board time was 1:30 and we got on at 11:30 and went straight to our rooms, the doors were closed to the hallways with a note that said they wouldnt open until 1:30, but a few minutes later we saw some other people coming out and so we stuck our head in and saw that there were no people working in that section and went to our room (4 rooms in a row) and all the rooms were completed, so we were actually in our rooms and unpacked (we carry our bags on) and off to lunch by 12

Archived