Should I pack ANYTHING long sleeved?

CaddyB123

Leaving on Friday for EOS on Saturday. We will be coming from Chicago, so we will have one layer of warm clothes. Should I take anything else? Does it get cold at night. I am planning on taking all summer clothes, and have just finished trying on a million things! things are looking better, but won't feel good til I have that birth certificate in hand.

Pack at least one long sleeved shirt, or throw at least one sweater in your suitcase. Some of the public rooms can be chilly, especially at night.

We sailed last December and the day we boarded and the first day at sea were absolutely cold, ships out of Florida reported the same conditions. We were fine once we got to our ports of call but it would've been really uncomfortable the first 2 days of the cruise if we hadn't had at least a long sleeved shirt to wear.

I wouldn't leave home with out a white ( or otherwise neutral color) light cardigan sweater, just in case. Some times, you may want to spend some time on deck and find it windy or some people find the dining rooms or theatre cooler than home . I have been known to wear the cardigan on the plane- so it doesn't take up luggage space.

This time of year, I would have SOMETHING just in case a cold front makes it's way past Florida! And at night, on deck, I think it gets pretty chilly--even in the summer, the wind can be fierce while the ship is moving! How much room does a sweater take?

Leaving on Friday for EOS on Saturday. We will be coming from Chicago, so we will have one layer of warm clothes. Should I take anything else? Does it get cold at night. I am planning on taking all summer clothes, and have just finished trying on a million things! things are looking better, but won't feel good til I have that birth certificate in hand.

I would definitely bring a sweater for the diningroom as it can get cool in there in the evening and a jacket for out on deck as it can get cool at night depending on the weather. Have a great cruise! :)

I cruise to the caribbean every Thanksgiving and I always need a sweatshirt or sweater at night. The theatres can be cold as can the dinning room. And if you are on deck at night - take away the sun and add the wind and you will need something warm. So if i were you i would take more than just one long sleeved shirt. (and no, I am not from a warm area - originally from boston and now live in dc - so i am used to the cold - don't like it, but am used to it.)

In this weather, I wear a long sleeved shirt, nautical type blazer, and a wool cape over the blazer. On the plane, I roll up the woolen cape to use as a pillow. I use the cape or the blazer during the cruise if weather turns cool out on the deck. This way you are layered and ready for anything from Chicago snow to balmy breezes. I would bring lightweight slacks and an extra long sleeved shirt in addition to your shorts, etc.

Being here in FL, I do tend to get cold before others. But, just and FYI...we are having a cold front coming through and the high they are predicting on Sat. is 60!

Obviously being on the water in the evening would be cooler and as other posters stated, a sweater or jacket may be needed in certain rooms of the ship. I would probably bring one along, not more, because once you get into the Caribbean, you really shouldn't need one! Have fun!!

Like everyone else posted I too bring a light neutral colored sweater or lightweight long sleeve jacket. Since those may not look nice over a dressier outfit I have purchased a pashmina like shawl in black to throw over my shoulders if I am cool. It looks fine with most any outfit I wear.

Most ships have them available in their gift shops in a multitude of colors for about $10-20.

I always bring various sweaters for the dinning room and a sweatshirt for a night on deck or in the cabin. Those cabins can be very cold no matter how you adjust the temp. One cruise it was so cold I had to buy sweat pants or sleeping pants. Also on the ice skate ships you must have long pants to iceskate.

Lexi

Archived