Shopping in Tallinn on a Sunday??

We sail on the Jewel 20AUG and after reviewing the days of the week we will be in the different ports realize we will be in Oslo and Tallinn on Sundays. I know all shopping is closed in Oslo on Sunday but wonder if it's going to be the same problem in Tallinn? After hearing all the reports of great shopping in Tallinn I will be disappointed if the stores are closed:( . Anyone know?

Thanks!

We were in Tallin on a Sunday last month and many stores were open - some as early as 9am, others later in the morning. The Market area with all of the stalls opened late morning as well.

Oslo also had a few stores in the Karl Johan's Gate area that opened after noon on Sunday so you even have shopping opportunities there. In fact, where we docked (right beside Akerhaus Castle) there was a tourist information center with a number of souvenir shops in the building.

Golden Retriever,

We are also on the August 20 Jewel cruise and there are quite a number of us who have been communicating on a Roll Call board for that cruise for months. The thread is Jewel of the Seas - 8/20/04 - New Thread. Come join us. Have you signed up the the Meet 'n Mingle yet?

I'm glad to hear that we will be able to do some shopping in Tallin. I didn't know about the shops not being open oin Sunday in Oslo.

Lynn

Archived