FOS on Travel channel on 12-17-06!!

I wrote a thread back in October telling everyone, but I just wanted to remind everyone that the Freedom will be on the Travel channel on Dec 17th at 8:00. Can't wait!! Travel Channel :: Episode :: Great Cruises: Freedom of the Seas with Samantha

thanks for that reminder...anybody know if it is gunna be any different than every other Freedom of the Seas special? ya know what i mean...is it going to show different areas of the ship? I feel like every special i see on Freedom or Voyager Class ships are the same...hopefully not this time! Leaving for Miami in 13 days..Freedom here we come.

thanks for that reminder...anybody know if it is gunna be any different than every other Freedom of the Seas special? ya know what i mean...is it going to show different areas of the ship? I feel like every special i see on Freedom or Voyager Class ships are the same...hopefully not this time! Leaving for Miami in 13 days..Freedom here we come.

I have seen a bunch of previews, and it looks like they show her in port doing lots of excursions too. Just like "Samantha Browns First Cruise" on the travel channel, I get the feeling they will not show nearly enough of the ship. They should, since it is the largest and newest ship. We will see, but I hope they show more of Freedom than the ports.

I have seen a bunch of previews, and it looks like they show her in port doing lots of excursions too. Just like "Samantha Browns First Cruise" on the travel channel, I get the feeling they will not show nearly enough of the ship. They should, since it is the largest and newest ship. We will see, but I hope they show more of Freedom than the ports.

Thanks Fitz...im hoping for the same thing. Im going on Freedom with 3 of my friends who have never been on a ship, never been to the caribbean. They dont know what theyre in for...can u imagine starting with Freedom of the Seas? raisin the bar pretttty high id say. So i hope they show alot of the ship on this travel channel special so they can see it...although i guess pics and video dont do justice for any ship.

We were on the Freedom in July-Aug when she was filming some of this show. I saw her with the Captain doing a session in the Royal Promenade but my photos were slightly blurry so have not posted them to my Webshots page. However we did get some good shots during her SCUBA lesson in the Solarium pool and these are posted to Webshots.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/553771517OUgVRC

I never realized how difficult it was to slide into a pool with the heavy and bulky equipment hooked on to your back.

I have added 3 pics with the Captain to the Samantha album, blurry better than nothing.

It is interesting that I remember very little about this Captain even though he gave a good talk on why the Freedom was skipping Labadee to avoid the hurricanes rumbling around the Atlantic while I have vivid images of Cap't Loekling of the the Radaince, the Hurdy Gurdy man.

Beinga charactrer never hurts !!!

Archived