C&A Credits

Laid-back

Much discussion has taken place on this board regarding the issuance of loyalty credits. It is interesting to observe the significant number of cruisers that take many 3 day cruises in order to build toward the Diamond status. No one has ever commented, that I can find, or inquired as to why the length of the cruise (other than exceeding 12 days) should not play a part in credit awards. From what I can see it would appear that in most cases a 7 to 11 night cruise costs more than twice a 3 day one so I would think that financially RCL would benefit from rewarding a loyalty person more for taking 7 to 11 day cruises than someone taking 3 day ones. I am not knocking 3 day cruises but it just seems there is quite a disparity in how credits are awarded. I am sure I will be flamed from 3 dayers so fire away.:) :)

RCI sees it as "A Cruise is a Cruise" even 2 days counts....your right ...a lot of people take short cruises as a way to go up in statis...good for them...I would take more if I could....

BTW I think if 2-7 day cruises count as one credit...I think 10 should count as 2...JMO

IMO, I don't care what others do or get out of cruise credits. I have never cruised less than 7 days, only because it would be too short for me to enjoy. Even if it was a B2B on 3 day cruises, just not enough to PLEASE ME! I am a diamond member and have earned it by 7 day + cruising. I have never earned it with s suite cabin either. I earned it the hard way. Whether someone earns it by 3 day cruises, JS cabins, etc. It isn't taking any money out of my pocket. I had the same option to get the credits that same way and chose not to.icon7.gif So it is fair to everyone to earn the credits and gain the status one way or another. I enjoyed everyone of my 7 day+ cruises to earn my status and i'm sure I would of had to book 3 day cruises B2B and B2B and B2B(to get the same pleasure of a longer cruise) so looking at it that way I would of booked 4 @ 3 days to get a 12 days worth of cruising and 4 credits for it!

that these 3 days cruises should be 1/2 credit. Folks like us who spend 4 weeks at sea in a D1 should get more than 2 credits twice a year. $5K for an Alaskan cruise that is matched with a NW Pacific making it 2 week member cruise in September. But we just get the 2 credits. So the end of 2007 we will have 7 cruise credits since Elite membership at Celebrity gets us Diamond status but we don't get 17 cruise credits, just 7. So we will be Diamond Plus by 2015. A JS is $1000 more than a D1? Pretty expensive additional cruise credit & tub.

But I got a stockholder email that RCI is now allowing you to book a cruise onboard by just putting a deposit down onboard. Called NEXTCRUISE & then your TA can book you as a group booking without you losing you OBC. YEAH! Now we are getting something great! I was told by my TA not to book onboard since a group booking loses the OBC. So we didn't until Jewel last May when the member cruises for 2007 we announced & we booked Alaska/NW Pacific cruise getting an AFT cabin & $250 OBC & $300 diamond discount but my TA couldn't cut the fare for me until today saving me $600!

As I said I am not knocking 3 day cruises. I might do them myself if it did not cost more to get to the port than the cruise itself. Since it does I have only done 7 days or longer. I am only saying that if would seem logical that a cruise length more than twice the length would get a greater credit than a shorter one. I am sure that will not happen unless RCI perceives that the crusing public wants credits to be run in a little more equitable manner. If I were in charge I would think that a person that spends 7 to 11 days with me would spend more money for excursions, gambling, bars & etc than someone who is with me for 3 days so I would provide incentives to capture more of that as well. The incentive to go for suites is fine, just think that sort of thinking should be passed on down to the 7-11 day cruisers as well. JMHO!

Sounds like they are doing something more for stockholders. Nothing wrong with that. That is a whole different issue.

Archived