POA does the ship dock or is a ferry required

ls1swap

So other than kona the ship docks and you can come and go as you please? Sorry dumb question. I am a total newbie at cruising. Ohio.... where do you go to make dinner reservations on the POA. I keep hearing it should be done right away, but where do you go to do it?

So other than kona the ship docks and you can come and go as you please? Sorry dumb question. I am a total newbie at cruising. Ohio.... where do you go to make dinner reservations on the POA. I keep hearing it should be done right away, but where do you go to do it?

Yes you can come and go as you please. Even in Kona the tenders are continuously bringing people to and from the ship. Just don't forget the card they give you. We just did the cruise the end ov November. We were newbies too.

The ship actually pulls up to the dock in all ports except Kona. They put up a gangplank and you can go on and off as you please. You have to undergo security screening upon each return to the ship and your bags will be checked. In Kona, you ride on "tenders" (which are really just some of the lifeboats). The ship anchors in the harbor and you board the tender from Deck 3 and it takes about 20 minutes to get to shore. The tender boat pulls up to the dock and you get off. Again, you can come and go as you please, but it is a 20 minute trip each direction each time you do it. (the dock is too shallow for the cruise ships in Kona).

I am assuming that you are talking about the Pride of Aloha (POA) and not the Pride of America(POAm). On the Pride of Aloha, they have a table set up in the main lobby on Deck 5 that you can sign up for the specialty restaurants. You can also, during certain times, call the restaurants and make the reservations. Reservations are only available for the three specialty restaurants and not the main restaurants (Palace and Crossings), unless you are a large group.

OhioNCLCruiser, a fellow BUCKEYE, can better explain the procedure if you are going to be on the POAm.

Archived