juicy?

fizzy

I k now this question is only vaguely related to the CC fashion board but my family is coming to the New York area to visit us post cruise. They are from the Houston, Texas part of the country. I want to get my almost 13 year old neice something as a gift that would fall into the "cool" category and the answer I have gotten from the local girls is "ANYHING JUICY". Would you guys know if that is the correct answer or would the Texas kids think that was totally icky? Thank you for any advice.... F

Juicy is big with some teens in both NYC and LA, so I would imagine the Texas tarts would like it too.

Whether your niece would like it is a different matter and depends on her personal style. If she thinks that girls like Britany Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Simpson or Paris Hilton are "cool" then she would definitely like Juicy. If she thinks they're morons - as my neice does - she'll think it's "icky".

Perhaps something from Kenneth Cole? That's a cool company.

I k now this question is only vaguely related to the CC fashion board but my family is coming to the New York area to visit us post cruise. They are from the Houston, Texas part of the country. I want to get my almost 13 year old neice something as a gift that would fall into the "cool" category and the answer I have gotten from the local girls is "ANYHING JUICY". Would you guys know if that is the correct answer or would the Texas kids think that was totally icky? Thank you for any advice.... F

A 13 year old would love Juicy Couture providing she knows what it is.

I told one of my dearest friends to take his 15 and 13 year old shopping at H&M in Chicago (the girls are from Greensboro, NC and their dad lives downtown Chicago) and they hated H&M. Said it was like shopping for clothes in Walmart. They had never heard of H&M.

Forgot to add, Juicy is pretty expensive.

I think they would love Juicy, and they are old enough to take care of it, because as mentioned before it can be pricey, you can always look for sales on-line at Nordstroms. I love the line;)

Neiman Marcus discounts it a lot too. They are doing free 3 day shipping right now with the coupon SHOPNM. They are based in TX so your niece could return it if she didn't like it. They own Bergdorf Goodman so I imagine they would discount it too.

I'm in Oklahoma (not too far from Texas) and while Juicy is quite popular among the middle school and high school set, I simply find it incredibly inappropriate to plaster the word "Juicy" across the backside of a 13-year-old. Needless to say, when my 11-year-old requested a Juicy item for Christmas, she was met with a chuckle by her father and me!

You don't have to spend a fortune to get "something" Juicy. You can get a long sleeve t shirt for $40. Yes the sweatsuits will set you back $200. But with regard to the $40 for a t shirt for a teenager, before anyone tells you that you can buy Old Navy for $7, let me tell you Juicy washes like iron. My 5 year old has a ton of Juicy t-shirts and no matter what she gets on them it comes out. The same stain on Old Navy lasts forever. So you get a lot for your $40 bucks.

Is it cold in Texas? I live in New York and know a pair of UGG Clogs or Boots are popular. The North Face jackets are also very popular right now. Or a cool designer bag? I don't know how much you want to spend.

Juicy is big with some teens in both NYC and LA, so I would imagine the Texas tarts would like it too.

Whether your niece would like it is a different matter and depends on her personal style. If she thinks that girls like Britany Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Simpson or Paris Hilton are "cool" then she would definitely like Juicy. If she thinks they're morons - as my neice does - she'll think it's "icky".

Perhaps something from Kenneth Cole? That's a cool company.

What is a tart?

Fizzy,

If your niece is coming to NYC, I would suggest a shopping trip. Let her chose what she wants. Give her a price limit and make a day of it. She'd love that I would be willing to bet. Years from now she might remember the shopping trip more than what she chose.

-Jo

What is a tart?

Girls who dress like Britany Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Jessica Simpson or Paris Hilton ..... and wear clothes with words like "Juicy" emblazoned across the behind.

Cheap, sleazy, overblown, prostitute-y, etc.

Not that the clothing isn't hideously overpriced in many cases....;).

I'm a 23 year old Houston, Texan! We wear juicy here!! We're not totally out of the loop or wearing chaps and cowboy hats. ;) ;) :)

I'm sure she'd love it. However, I wouldn't suggest getting anything juicy in velour ... toooo hot for Texas. Try terry if you're going to get her a sweatsuit because it's a cooler fabric.

Also, I've seen affordable juicy sweatsuits on ebay if you were wanting to save some money (since she is only 13).

I actually saw Juicy terry outfits at BJ's Wholesale Club. I believe for a jacket and pants it was less than $150. No logos emblazoned on the back side either. They came in great summer colors. And it's nice to know it's not so expensive that a gal would have to forgo underwear to afford it! :rolleyes:

I don't think your niece will be branded a tart for wearing a particular brand in any place other than NYC or LA. I think it's only in those cities hypersensitive about image and obsessed with "who's wearing what" that a girl would be judged that closely by her brand of clothes.

Archived