NCL Onboard Account Question

mango5852

Good Morning everyone. We are leaving on the Pearl Monday (4 nights) and have never salied with NCL.

We plan to use our debit card for expenses. Can anyone tell me if there is a certain amount pre-authorized, or do you tell them how much you plan to spend?

If you put down a cash deposit, it there a minimum per person?

I found some old threads about this, but was unable to find my answers.

Thank you in advance!

There is a set amount vs. you telling them how much you might spend. Same with cash. I have seen a number of threads that say how much, but forget since I would never use a debit card - mainly because they can put a hold on your money and bounced checks could follow. Cash or credit works great.

You might want to do a search on just the term DEBIT and there are lots of threads talking about the good and bad as well as the amount they hold.

OK now I am confused.

Never cruised before.

Was told that everything is put on ship account and you settle up when checking out.

Is this not the way it is done?

Yes that's true, but just like a hotel or rental car, you have to cover the account with a credit card or minimum cash deposit when you check in at the pier.

Have a great cruise!

G

there is a 10 dollar a day tipping fee per person added to your on board account. and 15 percent added on anything you buy. it has a place to add extra tips on your slips as well. I wouldnt use a debit card if you have to go to your bank and get a prepaid creidt card. OR put a cash deposit down and add as needed to it. it helps limit spending. you can also have your spending sheet printed at the desk every day just go to the lobby and ask for it.

most resteraunts are free but some do charge soda is expenxive i would buy a soda card if you drink it. if not then you are allowed to bring your own water and soda on board but it is more to carry...

Archived