What is the best excursion for beach and volcano in St. Lucia?

Sand&Sea

We're cruising on the Carnival Destiny and are debating what to do in St. Lucia. We love relaxing beach days but also want to see the volcanoes on St. Lucia. CCL offers a Volcanic Island Experience & Mud bath excursions, but I'm not sure if we're into the mud bath or not. Has anyone done this excurion and what did you think? is there any way to see the volcano and do a beach day at an All-inclusive resort or the like?

Thanks!

Our tour with Cosol was fabulous! We went to the volcano, a waterfall, the Pitons, through the rain forest, and ended up at a beach between the Pitons. It was all-inclusive for just $45pp and lasted about 6 hours in an a/c mini bus. Cosol is a native of St Lucia and very personable and knowledgable and he kept a cooler in the back of the van with complimentary sodas, rum punch, Piton beer , and bottled water for us. He also paid all entrance fees and made sure we had tastes of the local foods (banana, fish cake, banana ketchup, spice rum, johnny cake, fresh baked, warm bread) included in our one price. Everyone on the island seemed to know and like him. I truly think you will enjoy a tour with Cosol. His contact info is on this board in another post, I'm sure, as he is very popular and the best bet in St Lucia! :)

• 2 weeks later...
We're cruising on the Carnival Destiny and are debating what to do in St. Lucia. We love relaxing beach days but also want to see the volcanoes on St. Lucia. CCL offers a Volcanic Island Experience & Mud bath excursions, but I'm not sure if we're into the mud bath or not. Has anyone done this excurion and what did you think? is there any way to see the volcano and do a beach day at an All-inclusive resort or the like?

Thanks!

We are on Destiny Jan 14-07... I booked the Land & Sea Combo to Soufriere that carnival offers for 89$pp/ for 7 hours.Take a look at it. It offers alittle of all. Buffet lunch and beverages are included. Although this exc. does not give you beach time.

I have heard reviews that persons excursions have canceled at the last minute. This is our first cruise, Do you recommend I need to make some back up plans? - if they do cancel.

I have read some other good reviews on the Cosol tour guide that the other person recommended to you. Let me know if you are on the Jan 14th trip.

Janice

One to stay away from that can be booked inside the cruise terminal in St. Lucia is 'Trivial Pursuit' tours. We tried them two weeks ago and it was so disorganized. The seller tells you one thing and then you do something else. Vocano, waterfalls, Pitons, and beach is what this was supposed to be and the beach part was non-existent. Very crowded, very unorganized, and just not a great tour by any means.

Now, if they ever get their act together and get organized, it might be worth a try, but they are going to need to really work on their organization before that happens.

So, this is one I WOULD NOT recommend.

Archived