Switching Dinner Sitting

eddy67

I have recently booked my girlfriend and I on the BOS for the Xmas/NY Panama Canal cruise. I made the booking through a travel agent and had requested late sitting for dinner. I was not made aware of any issues with this but now the documents have come through I find us on the early sitting:( . My travel agent has not tried to assist even though I have asked them to look at this :mad: and RCCL have advised they cannot assist as the booking was made through a travel agent.:rolleyes:

I fully appreciate I made the booking very late and I have to take what is left, unfortunately we both generally eat late and enjoy sitting on the balcony with a bottle of wine before dinner:p , this will not be possible or will at best be rushed with the early sitting.

I know we can ask at the matre'd on the day we sail, in your experience are we likely to be lucky and obtain a late sitting

I have only really ever cruised on the standard 7 night Eastern/Western cruises where there are lots of families so late dinner has never been a problem. I am assuming as this is a 11 nighter the passengers will generally be a little more mature and with less families so late sitting is more desirable.

Any advise or info would be really appreciated.

happy holidays to all where ever you are ....:D

Cheers

The ED

Call your TA NOW and have them put you on the waitlist. After you board, go by thi dining room and check to make sure they have your name on the list. Chances are excellent that they will make the switch--if not the 1st night, at least by night 2! Good luck!

as an 11 nighter you should have more mature and older crowd on both seatings,so take early excursions and start having a cocktail at 4 or 3:30,then you'll be set for dinner,its a simple solution and everything will be fine just relax and enjoy your cruise,the more relaxed and laid back you are the better your cruise will be:)));) :p

I have recently booked my girlfriend and I on the BOS for the Xmas/NY Panama Canal cruise. I made the booking through a travel agent and had requested late sitting for dinner. I was not made aware of any issues with this but now the documents have come through I find us on the early sitting:( . My travel agent has not tried to assist even though I have asked them to look at this :mad: and RCCL have advised they cannot assist as the booking was made through a travel agent.:rolleyes:

I fully appreciate I made the booking very late and I have to take what is left, unfortunately we both generally eat late and enjoy sitting on the balcony with a bottle of wine before dinner:p , this will not be possible or will at best be rushed with the early sitting.

I know we can ask at the matre'd on the day we sail, in your experience are we likely to be lucky and obtain a late sitting

I have only really ever cruised on the standard 7 night Eastern/Western cruises where there are lots of families so late dinner has never been a problem. I am assuming as this is a 11 nighter the passengers will generally be a little more mature and with less families so late sitting is more desirable.

Any advise or info would be really appreciated.

happy holidays to all where ever you are ....:D

Cheers

The ED

Your TA should put you on the wait list if no openings now. If you aren't getting service, next time use a different TA or book direct. Visit dining room Maitre D' at first time available(maybe printed in Compass). They are very accommodating, so hope for the best. If not, there are other dining options as well as room service. Have a backup plan and you will not be disappointed.

The ED

Yes, you should be able to change. When we had to make a similar change, the maitre'd had set up a little table near the boarding area to accommodate people making such changes, and there were enough that we had to wait in line for several minutes. He said there wasn't enough time to change the first night's seating, but we would be notified the next day of our new table assignment, and sure enough, a note was left on our door the next morning. We did hand him a $5 bill with our thanks.

Archived