Place to get change on board?

AiAi

Ai: I see that you recently joined CC. Welcome to these boards. You can obtain change right at the Purser's Desk with no problems. And there is hardly ever a line there, except for the evening before check-out, wherein you'll find most of the passengers there!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

You'll be needing some dollar bills before you get onboard. For starters, if you're flying to the port, and you use the services of a skycap at the airport, you should tip him/her at least $1 per bag. If you take a bus/shuttle from the airport to the cruise port, you'll also tip the driver. And once you get to the cruise port, you should tip the dock workers who take your bags $1 per bag as well... especially if you ever want to see your luggage again! :)

Once onboard, you'll only need dollar bills to tip room service-- I usually tip whoever delivers my order $1 if it's just coffee or $2-$3 for larger orders. All other tipping onboard is done either automatically or on the last night, when larger bills are in order.

And there is hardly ever a line there, except for the evening before check-out, wherein you'll find most of the passengers there!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Would it help to settle our bill 2 nights before te end of the cruise so we're not in line with everybody else?:rolleyes:

I heard that if you are going to a foreign country that accepts american money that you want to carry small bills with you there also. Because they won't give you american money back for change. They'll give you their currency. Which kinda stinks because you might not have an opportunity to spend it. Is this true or is it just a rumor?

I heard that if you are going to a foreign country that accepts american money that you want to carry small bills with you there also. Because they won't give you american money back for change. They'll give you their currency. Which kinda stinks because you might not have an opportunity to spend it. Is this true or is it just a rumor?

Our cruise director recommended changing some money at the Purser's desk to small bills for just this reason. Purser's desk staff ws happy to oblige.

Archived