Parasailing at Pride ports

Rellik01

Hello all,

We will be cruising on the Pride week of 2/18/07 and my children want to go parasailing:eek: . Can anyone suggest a good vendor and which port would be best Cabo, Puerto Vallarta or Mazatlan.

Thanks as always

Just had a friend do this in Cabo. Said he had a great time.

Just a word of caution though. To the best of my knowledge, there is NO manditory training, safety, or inspections required to be an operator or vendor of theses types of excursions in Mexico. Therefore IF something should happen, there will be no litigation. It's truely an "Enter at your own risk" type of situation. That's one of the reasons why you will not find a Carnival sponsored excursion for parasailing.

I went parasailing in May in PV. While I am glad I did it once in my life, I will never to it again! I am small and they had a hard time bringing me down. I thought I was going to die! I will not encourage my kids to do this. Sorry! I know others love it and have had great experiences. I guess I prefer terra firma.:o

Just had a friend do this in Cabo. Said he had a great time.

Just a word of caution though. To the best of my knowledge, there is NO manditory training, safety, or inspections required to be an operator or vendor of theses types of excursions in Mexico. Therefore IF something should happen, there will be no litigation. It's truely an "Enter at your own risk" type of situation. That's one of the reasons why you will not find a Carnival sponsored excursion for parasailing.

Not sure if you just meant no Carnival sponsored parasailing excursions in Mexico or at all...We were scheduled for a parasailing excursion on the Victory in October. It was new and booked through the ship.

That's one of the reasons why you will not find a Carnival sponsored excursion for parasailing.

Actually, the real reasons none of the cruise ships (or individual agencies) have historically not sponsored this excursion are that 1) there is no money in it, and 2) they are not able to provide adequate customer service to the customers.

Parasailing outfits have typically consisted of a panga boat and a parachute, with one or two guys roaming the beach looking for customers, all transactions in cash "under the table". They're not going to pay commissions, and there is not even a way for a cruise ship or travel agent to contact these folks to arrange something, or to follow up if there is a change in the customer's plans, or if the parasailing outfit doesn't show up when they are supposed to.

In Cabo, this is starting to change, there are real companies now offering Parasailing, with phone numbers, e-mail addresses, even websites. As a result, Celebrity already offers a parasailing excursion in Cabo, and I'm sure Carnival won't be far behind.

The other ports are not as Americanized as Cabo, and are still a little ways off I think. As a result, I would recommend parasailing in Cabo San Lucas - the companies are better equipped, often Gringo-run, and offer better equipment than at most of the other ports. You can reserve online and receive a discount, sometimes along with a free water taxi ride to the beach, or you can make your own way to the beach and hire them there.

Cabo may also be the only port that has tandem parasailing flights, which are a fun way to share the experience with your friends or family.

Archived