Camera fit in safe?

I have cruise many times and stay in land based hotel at least once a month. I have never used an in room safe for anything and usually have a laptop and often a camera with me. I feel completely safe with them simply being in the room. The stewards and staff have to much to lose by risking taking your things and in spite of popular myth the rooms are never left open long enough for a passenger to sneak in and get something of that size.

I have cruise many times and stay in land based hotel at least once a month. I have never used an in room safe for anything and usually have a laptop and often a camera with me. I feel completely safe with them simply being in the room. The stewards and staff have to much to lose by risking taking your things and in spite of popular myth the rooms are never left open long enough for a passenger to sneak in and get something of that size.

To each their own. All it takes is once. I feel safe also, but don't want to provide a temptation.

I have walked down many a hallway when the rooms are being cleaned. Many times we have seen the doors all open and not a soul in sight. The cabin attendant does not close them that fast when they are cleaning many at a time.

Put away your valuables so that they are not in view of anyone. Better safe than sorry.

I have walked down many a hallway when the rooms are being cleaned. Many times we have seen the doors all open and not a soul in sight. The cabin attendant does not close them that fast when they are cleaning many at a time.

Put away your valuables so that they are not in view of anyone. Better safe than sorry.

Actually, I have never worried about it before. But now that I have read your post I think on our upcoming cruise I may pay a little more attention to it. I've been lucky so far. Maybe this thread has kept me from having to learn the hard way.

Actually, I have never worried about it before. But now that I have read your post I think on our upcoming cruise I may pay a little more attention to it. I've been lucky so far. Maybe this thread has kept me from having to learn the hard way.

It makes sense that the attendants have to leave the doors open for a little bit of time when they are cleaning the cabins. They drag the vacuum around to each room, get the towels, bring in the new towels, get all the ice buckets, bring in the ice buckets all filled, the sheets off the beds, bring in the new sheets. If they closed each door behind them every time they had to get something in or out of a cabin, they would never get done.

The attendants also park their carts in one place in the hallway and work off of it carrying each item to the different staterooms. That cart could be 8 or more doors from yours so they are not always right near each cabin.

It only takes a split second for someone to eye something on a desk and it's gone. ;)

The only laptops that will fit in the safe are the tiny 2-3 lbs jobs and even then it would be a tight fit.

We always leave our laptop in a closed bag inside the closet. We stick a bulky big digital camera, a camcorder, a thick credit card sized digital camera, DW's jewelry pouch and important paperwork inside the safe with no space problems.

Archived