• South America
    • Baltic
    • Alaska
    • Southern Caribbean
    • Australia/New Zealand
    • Western Caribbean
    • Asia
    • Other - Explain Below!

Let us know where you plan to cruise in 2007...and what's inspiring your choice of cruise region! If you don't find your cruise region on our list (we were limited to 10 and it was tough), feel free to post it here.

Thanks,

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor

Cruise Critic

Guess I'll start since I launched this poll! I'm most excited about cruising in Asia -- a first for me (have been on a land trip to Japan but never anywhere else). That'll happen next fall. I always love the Eastern Caribbean in winter -- so I'm definitely headed there this year.

And I'm hoping to do a photography-special interest cruise in the Western Mediterranean -- one of the best places in the world to cruise, totally picturesque (great for learning how to improve my "shots") and fun, besides. That one's not definite but fingers are crossed!

Other places on the wish list? Black Sea, South Africa, Tahiti. Someday....

Carolyn

• Administrators

I choose "Other"...because I enjoyed BERMUDA so much on Zenith that I have to go back. So, my choice for 2007 is....BERMUDA!!!

Hi Carolyn and Laura:)

I don't know what I am doing in 2007 yet:eek: ......I have a cruise

booked for the very end of the year.....Dec 2007 but I don't

even know if I am doing that one yet.

OOPS.. I missed it.....that would come under "OTHER"

We are crossing the Pacific LA -> Hong Kong in March. This will be our third Pacific crossing. Reason? My wife really does not like to travel, but she loves sea days on cruise ships, so this one is perfect. Also, it gets me to Hong Kong just in time for my favorite sporting event, the Rugby Sevens.

Then, in November, we are back-to-backing Miami -> Caldara, Costa Rica. We are taking my in-laws for their 60th anniversary and my mother-in-law's 80th birthday. They lvie in Florida, so this means no airplane travel and a minimum of hassles for them. My Fatehr-in-Law has always wanted to see the Panama Canal and we figured if it is going to happen, it had better be soon.

In general, I find cruising to be a poor way of visiting places. So, I cruise because I like, and my wife loves, days at sea. Except for a few places (Fjords, etc.) when I want to see someplace, I go there and stay a bit. My 4th annual round-the-world trip starts tomorrow. Avoiding Minnespota winters is a good thing!

Paul

I'm taking a Danube River cruise from Budapest to Prague on the Avalon Artistry, with a Smithsonian-organized group. This is the same cruise I planned to take last year, but the date of my high school reunion intervened. I have never cruised a river in Europe. I once lived in Holland and thoroughly covered that country by road and a few rivers, so I am much more interested in Eastern Europe. I like the itinerary because it includes two important cities - I'll probably add a day in Prague.

Bermuda is our first choice. We like to go there for more than 1 or 2 days but it looks like the smaller ships that can make all the ports there are leaving NCL and Celebrity next year. We can only wonder how we will get to Bermuda in 2008?

The Eastern Caribbean is our 2nd choice (less tender ports). Would like to see some cruise line offer a new itinerary out of New York.

My partner and I are doing a two-week getaway which will include a week touring the UK and a 5 day cruise on the QE2 to Western Europe and the Channel Islands out of Southampton. More of a sampler cruise really but it'll be a fantastic way for both of us to experience both the ship and Europe for the first time. We likely won't get too many chances to ever sail on this legend so we wante to do it while we could.

David

We Have A Busy Year Planned, Starting With Around The Horn On Celebrity From Chile To Argentina In January. Mid February We Have A Short Marco Polo Cruise From Buenos Aires To Rio. In April We Have A Relocation Cruise From Tampa To Newark Via The Carribean. In August We Will Try Princess For The First Time On A Cruise Around The Uk And Ireland. October Will Be Our Third Attempt At A New England And Canada Cruise, Since Our First Two Tries Were A Disaster With Ships Fire And A Hurricane Stopping Us From Getting To The Ship, I'm Hoping We Won't Cause World War Iii To Break Out. Still Planning A Possible New Zealand And Australia Cruise For Christmas.

Sorry, but I have had to register "other" also. I have always wanted to see the Panama Canal and I have the opportunity in 2007 to cruise on Regent SS Mariner from Fort Lauderdale to Columbia, through the Canal to Mexico and the US Eastern seaboard to San Francisco. I am delighted and can hardly wait.:)

Sorry, but I have had to register "other" also. I have always wanted to see the Panama Canal and I have the opportunity in 2007 to cruise on Regent SS Mariner from Fort Lauderdale to Columbia, through the Canal to Mexico and the US Eastern seaboard to San Francisco. I am delighted and can hardly wait.:)

Archived