Weather in Dec-Jan???

PrincessJul

For all you frequent cruisers out there..........can anyone tell me what the weather is like during December (late) and January in the Caribbean? We've been on 2 cruises, both in the spring. We're considering an early January cruise and really don't want to go if the weather is just "ok-nice".........to me the Caribbean has to be very sunny and hot to really enjoy it. I realize if I cruise south near St Thomas, etc., it will probably be hot - but what about the Bahamas? or the Western Carib? And what about cruising out of Port Canaveral at that time of year?.........seems like it wouldn't be very warm?

For all you frequent cruisers out there..........can anyone tell me what the weather is like during December (late) and January in the Caribbean? We've been on 2 cruises, both in the spring. We're considering an early January cruise and really don't want to go if the weather is just "ok-nice".........to me the Caribbean has to be very sunny and hot to really enjoy it. I realize if I cruise south near St Thomas, etc., it will probably be hot - but what about the Bahamas? or the Western Carib? And what about cruising out of Port Canaveral at that time of year?.........seems like it wouldn't be very warm?

I've been on a cruise on the Fantasy in February (leaving out of FL) and thought it wasn't quite warm enough. I've booked a cruise for 1/09/05 leaving out of San Juan where the weather should be warmer (low 80's is the avg). The Bahamas were pretty nice, but a couple of days the pool on board were closed.

Archived