Cruisequick did they drop HAL

sammiedawg

I noticed that the link to HAL is missing too but found it by going to the empty space. I advised QQ of a lower price on my HAL cruise and they were able to meet it. Still a happy QQ customer.

Jim:)

Thanks to both of you for the detective work. I clicked the blank space, a list came up, some of the quote links do not work but I managed to send off a quote request. Its very strange the link is no longer visible. Who else discounts HAL?

[quote name='Aussie Gal']One of my friends booked through CQ last week on an Alaskan trip on the Ryndam for September. Everything has gone through, so they are still quoting HAL.

Jennie[/QUOTE]Maybe last week, but no more. I just got it straight from the horse's mouth. Here's his email.
[font=Arial][size=2][color=navy][color=navy][font=Arial][/font][/color][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2][color=navy][color=navy][font=Arial]"Yes, everything is Ok with bookings. We have stopped selling them at our choice.[/font][/color][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=2][color=navy][color=navy][font=Arial][/font][/color][/color][/size][/font][font=Arial][size=2][color=navy][color=navy][font=Arial]Ray"[/font][/color][/color][/size][/font]

A couple of months ago, the owner or manager posted here that they were not currently booking Holland America cruises. No further explanation about the suspension. Anyone know any facts?

[quote name='hdawson']A couple of months ago, the owner or manager posted here that they were not currently booking Holland America cruises. No further explanation about the suspension. Anyone know any facts?[/QUOTE]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Yes, I know a lot of the facts. In fact I posted them on another thread where CQ was mentioned. [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]I had booked through CQ (who I've used twice before) in April. A month or 2 later I saw a lower price elsewhere and contacted CQ. Eventually got thru to Ray. In several emails he explained in detail the problems he was having with HAL in having what he called a "level playing field" where all agents no matter how large should get equal treatment by the cruiselines.[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Long story followed. He stopped taking bookings. He then got it ironed out (or so he thought). They gave me the lower price I had seen. It happened again when a lower price showed up yet again. They then matched that. But as of tonight he has told me they are no longer quoting HAL.[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]But of course all bookings already taken are fine[/font].
[font=Comic Sans MS]My assumption is that they continued to have problems, could no longer offer their customers the lowest fares on HAL and therefore have chosen not to quote at all. In my eyes, it speaks well for them and personally I'm very impressed.[/font]

Heather. Thanks for the explanation. I had thought it might have something to do with the allegations of using senior specials or resident specials to undercut other TAs for bookings that didn't qualify. I remember a number of posts 6 or 8 months ago about that. Then just last week the questions about the "insurance" that they were now offering. Again, thanks.

[quote name='hdawson']Heather. Thanks for the explanation. I had thought it might have something to do with the allegations of using senior specials or resident specials to undercut other TAs for bookings that didn't qualify. I remember a number of posts 6 or 8 months ago about that. Then just last week the questions about the "insurance" that they were now offering. Again, thanks.[/QUOTE]
Well, this was the explanation they gave me. However, in November 2003 my Celebrity docs were issued stating a "senior discount" which we evidently did not quality for. I noticed it and contacted CQ. Eventually it was straightened out with no adjustment in fare. So who knows? That could be the other side of the coin and if it is, CQ certainly wouldn't tell me.

In the meantime, Ray alerted me this morning that they hope to have this issue straightened out in a couple of days so as I posted on another thread, best we all just keep our eyes open, shop around, and be as knowledgeable as possible about what we're doing when we book with anyone. It's a big cruel world out there.:D

I emailed CQ regarding the Vacation Protection Services. Told CQ about some of the comments on the boards. I asked if they had any complaints from their clients regarding this company and they said they had not. Got the packet from vacation Protection Services and no where on it did it mention insurance. So while I have this coverage for a cruise i booked last Feb. I was able to cancel the coverage for a cruise I just purchased for 2005. Got the refund on one of the bookings. Expect the other refund in a day or two. Didn't want to take a chance.

[quote name='1cruiselvr']It's my understanding that cruiseline insurance is worthless if they go BK. I have been advised to always purchase independent 3rd party insurance for security.
Happy Sailing![/QUOTE]
I am less concerned about Holland America going broke then some of these fly by night insurance companies. It's a personal decision. Whatever floats your boat:D.

I have one cruise booked with CQ and I'm very happy with their prices and service. I wanted to book a New Year's cruise with HAL, through CQ, but their price for the cruise was $100's of dollars above other web sites. I think problems still exist with that partnership. Finally booked with CVC (Cruise Value Center). CVC and i-cruise seemed to have the best prices with HAL. Too bad, because I enjoy the CQ experience.
Kel

That is correct--I-cruise gets a "rebate" that they pass on !
I have had a HORROR story concerning this--My poor TA of another online agency,assured me he could give me the same price--which eventually he did--but the uproar that was created with HAL was awful--then when I-Cruise came with a S suite special($1200 less than anyone else)
I couldnt upgrade--OH WELL--

Archived