Suddenly, A lot more time in Cozumel

Dannzzigg

SInce Carnival has changed the itinerary for the Inspiration from a 7am - 6pm stop to a 7am - 10pm stop at Cozumel, I suddenly find myself with more time than I had previously expected. My family and I have booked what was to be a full day's activities at Chankanaab (Dolphin Swim, Sea Lion Swim, Sea Lion Show).

What would all of you experienced with Cozumel suggest we do with the additional time? Almost anything would be fair game except for physical (hiking, biking) activities.

Let me hear your thoughts!

The minigolf comes highly recommended. It's not your typical "same old same old" mini golf and I think they are even open in the evening. I WISH my cruise line would suddenly change our schedule for Cozumel and give us a few extra hours....we could sure use it! If you want more details as to location etc, post again and I'll look back and get specific directions etc.

I asked the same question when I found out that our Iten. had changed. Paradise Tom suggested the mini-golf and gave me the link. It looks great!

Here ya go...

[url="http://www.eagleraydivers.com/minigolf.htm"]http://www.eagleraydivers.com/minigolf.htm[/url]

Heck, you could rent a jeep and just tour the whole island!

If you wanted to do something crazy, you now have time to bus to chichen itza or coba. Both are pretty far.... but a good option, except at 12 hours, a bus tour would take the entire day.

Lots of companies still offer air tours for 5 hours.
AeroSaab and AeroCaribe were both pretty expensive ($250-350). But I just found some tours through AeroMexicana (?) for $170. They have a 9am to 2pm and a 11am to 4pm trip.

I'm tempted, though I'm aware of all the recent crashes from AeroFerinco. I think AeroMexicana uses the same type of airplanes.

OK.. nevermind.. just tour the island.. ;) Take the family jet-skiiing.

Nick

Archived