Dress Code RE: Jeans

anon1978

For all of you who seem to be offended by jeans and look down on those who do wear jeans on non-formal nights ... let me tell you what I think is worse. Seeing a queen size women wearing a junior size spandex dress thats cut way too low and way to short and trying to get all that stuff packed in that pretty sparkly dress then pairing it up with some 5" heels. Of course, the dress is too tight to wear any underclothes so basically they let it all hang out.

It's your cruise ... wear what makes you feel good as long as its in the guidelines, looks neat, and in good taste.

Doesn't the cruiseline call it "resort casual"? Not mountain resort casual.

Monitors: Enough said here,. Time to close the thread. Nobody is listening or learning. Heels are firmly dug in.

I beg to differ, I have learned something tonight, that you appear to think you are always right and it has to be your way or no way or you will call for the thread to be closed! Mountain Resort Casual? How about getting into the times dear friend and don't be so closed minded! Clothes do not make a person, I think I read you were retired, that is a lesson I taught my son when he was in elementary school.

Please accept we all have our opinions and I don't knock you for your opinion nor will i judge you for your clothing, car, home, or eating habits! :p

Cruise safe and have fun!

On board. What you describe sounds great, in almost any size, for Fridays, Chili's, Outback or Golden Corral. You will be noticed in a very good way. However, in a dining venue with 2 or 3 pcs of stemware, 11 pcs of silver and starter plate, good linens, formally attired waitstaff offering a five course dinner of escargot, chateau brian, creme brulee and even a cheese plate later, (and oh that delicious french butter) I think jeans are a bit underdressing. Good taste and grooming and proper dressing is not rocket science. You aren't stopping by for supper after a long hard day of work such as may be the case in the mentioned style restaurants at home. Why should dressing appropriately be an age issue? Does that mean that youth has less taste?

I do not see WHY people really give a damn about what OTHER people are wearing. If you are that person, get some guidance! You have control issues. Don't believe me??? Ask your spouse or children if you have control issues. No, don't do that.. they might be worried you will backhand them and therefore not tell you the truth.

I did some folks wearing clothing that I would not wear, but I see that everyday. I would NOT say I saw anything inappropriate. Its dinner at a 2 star dining room on a cruise ship... not a Presidential Funeral. Even on formal nights, its still a 2 star dining room.

Instead of worrying about what others are wearing, how about being/ enjoying good company for a meal? If you can't get past what others are wearing, you probably are not good company.

Get over yourself.

The op asked a question and we are just telling it like it is. It is ok to wear jeans in the dining room on non formal night. Like I said I just got off the Valor last Sunday, and was on the Liberty last March and there were many people wearing jeans on non formal nights. The matre de never turned anyone away wearing jeans. That is my experience.......whether some like it or not.....it is reality.....

personally I think the OP is a troll just stirring the pot!:D

Bill

One last note: Your cruise is NOT about what other people do/do not do.... wear/not wear.... Its about what YOU do, wear, etc. Unless someone else pays for your cruise.... do/wear whatever the hell you want... and expect and RESPECT others who do the same.

When you pay for MY cruise.. I'll dress like a monkey if you want me to... until then... stop whining... you are NOT my mom/dad... its becoming evident that you are not qualified to be so......

Ok... it wasnt my last note.... so I'll edit instead of posting again.

Someone earlier said that the dining room was fancier than Outback steakhouse.... well .... the food is not. I dont care what the waitstaff wears.... they are getting paid to wear it like the Sarg said. I said it earlier... its a two star dining room. The beef is better at Outback. The seafood is better at Joe's Crab Shack.... where one can certainly wear shorts, or swimwear. Stemware does not make the joint... the joint makes the stemware.... sorry. I am sure than there is a McDonalds somewhere that has 27 peices of tableware available...but its still a Big Mac on the plate.

Hypothesis: People who ***** about what others wear to the dining room sit at a "romantic" table for 2.

It's funny, I've had better steaks at Outback than I've had at much much (much much even) higher priced beef joints like Ruth's Chris (any of them I've tried) or Stoney River here in Atlanta. Still can't figure out when vegetables became an option either but ah well.

I've worked at more than enough restaurants of all levels to know the staff's uniform doesn't have anything to do with how the customers should dress.

Where is the rule about no jeans in the dining room?

It's the same place as the rule that says you can't wear pajamas in the dining room. Or a clown suit. Or a plastic trash bag with arm holes cut in it. Does that make all of those OK as well? Maybe they don't spell out everything you CAN'T wear because they ASSUME most people have common sense and decency and don't need to be TOLD exactly what is appropriate for an evening dining experience. Apparently, though, that is not the case. And that is quite unfortunate.

Hi Folks,

Welcome to the Cruise Fashion Board.

While you are here, look through the threads. There is a lot of helpful information here, including several threads on jeans in the dining room. Have a look/see!

I am closing this thread, but hope you will enjoy your visit here and come back often. Just scroll throught the topics to find more opinions on jeans!

Happy New Year!

Host Mama

Archived