Our FABULOUS day in Curacao!

NoNoNanette

Hi Barbara

They were late in picking us up - didn't seem to know what terminal we were coming in to, even though it had all been confirmed in advance. We were then left by a taxi driver outside a restaurant and had to wait again for the tour guide, and we didn't understand why (they later explained it was because only taxis are allowed inside the terminal). Then they didn't know what tour we had booked - again confirmed in advance. They didn't have the right size flippers for me - even though it was confirmed in advance, so we had to make another stop to get some. By this time we were getting pretty hacked off! :mad:

Our time in Curacao was limited, and so we didn't understand why, after one stop at tug boat, we were then taken on a very long drive to the next beach. We didn't really want to spend so much of our day on the road. Those were the main niggles.

It was all a bit of a botch up. As I said, I'm sure we caught them on an off day as so many other reviews have been really good, but out of all the tours we booked on our two week cruise, they were the ones that let us down. They did give us some money off as they realised we were not happy.

As I said before, the snorkelling that we did was good, and I'm glad others have had good experiences with them - but personally we wouldn't use them again. Next time we are in Curacao we will probably take a taxi to Director's Bay and snorkel round to the tug boat, and arrange a taxi pick up to bring us back to the ship.

NoNoNanette - How long did your tour last? And what time did you start? How long did you stay at each beach? I'm interested in the beaches you went to and am trying to determine the time to get between them. Thanks!

Hi there!

Honestly, I don't remember times, but I'm confident in saying that this was a full 7 or 8 hour day.

Probably stayed a couple of hours at each beach. Curacao-Actief made it perfectly clear that we were calling the shots... they were just our drivers.

If you're into crystal-clear water, I'd highly recommend our stops. I was in HEAVEN! (I've turned into a bit of a "beach-snob" over the years!) :)

Thanks, Nanette. Just curious how long it took the owner to get back to via email when you were in contact with her? I've emailed her a few times - finally got a reply to my first email, but still haven't heard back from her on my followup email...and it's been three days.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from our Southern Caribbean cruise. We took NoNo's advice and took a island tour with Curacao Actief. Anite (pronounced as Anita) was wonderful. She gives a fabulous Curacao tour.

It is well worth the money and you will not regret booking with Curacao Actief.

Here is the web site:

http://www.curacao-actief.com/index.php

Thanks for the recommendation NoNo!

• 2 weeks later...

going to curacao for the 1st time in december...we are 2 families traveling together (4 teens between us). this company seems to have it all.

what would you suggest? we are on the 12 night panama canal cruise. my husband does not have to snorkel or be at a beach all day.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Isis,

It's about 1 hour driving from the cruise terminal to Westpoint. During the ride you will pass several beautifull beaches like Porto Marie, Cas Abou, Grote Knip and Kleine Knip. It is certainly worth it!

Regards, Dinja
email: [email]showmekorsow@yahoo.com[/email]

Archived