Parasailing at Paradise Beach?

GoBucks!

Yes!! The rumours have been confirmed!! Parasailing IS available at PB! Actually, it's technically at the beach next door, but it's just a few feet over from where our beach ends. They charge $55USD per ride (about 12 minutes). It's very safe, never heard about an accident in Cozumel, and I actually used to work for a parasail company years ago in Playa del Carmen. They fly you off a platform from the back of the boat, so no running off or landing on the beach. You'll have fun, no doubt!

Tom...I've never been parasailing before, but I've always wanted to go. Are you actually up in the air for the whole 12 minutes?

Also, if you want to do this with 2 people at the same time, is it less expensive for the second person, or the same price?

Thanks! Look forward to coming to Paradise Beach in January. :D

Yup, in the air for about 12 minutes. At some point during the ride, they will slow the boat down and "dip" you in the water till about your knees, then slam on the throttle and pull you way up into the sky again! If you don't want this, just tell them!

Years ago, it used to be $55 for a single and $80-$85 for a tandem, but now you are both charged $55USD...see you in the new year!

PB Tom, (or anyone else, for that matter!)

Having never tried parasailing myself, I'm excited, but also apprehensive. How high in the air do you get? More importantly, how do you land? :)

Thanks!

Thanks for the info Tom. Me and my almost 15 year old DS really want to do this. DH is too chicken. :D

Come to think of it, I'm getting a little nervous too. I was just reading GoBucks post. Exactly how DO you land? :(

You land on the same platform (at the back of the boat) that you took off from. Basically you are a giant kite. They will stand you on the platform, secure you in the harness, and then let the line out from the winch. When it's time to come in, they turn the winch on and reel you back in, just like a kite! It's a very gentle landing, you just get reeled in until you are standing on the platform again! They take you up to about 300 ft, great view!

Thanks PB Tom!

Sounds reassuringly safe, and very exciting! 300 Feet!!! (OMG!) I think I might need a margarita to muster the courage to get that high in the air! J/K. Can't wait to get to Paradise Beach and give it a try! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I spent the last week on the Conquest, and had a great time in Cozumel on Friday. Spent the entire day at Paradise Beach.

After PB Tom's assurances, I topped off a great day with PARASAILING! It was $55.00, and about 12 minutes long. It wasn't nearly as scary as I thought it would be, in fact, it wasn't scary at all! Taking off the back of the boat was very smooth, I glided back into the air, and once I was up there, it was very peaceful. It was surprisingly quiet. It felt like I was floating, but at the same time, I felt very secure and safe. A harness wrapped around my waist, and each of my legs, and attached to the parachute in a way that created a little seat. I had a great view of the entire shore line, and could even see our ship from up there! As it ended, I was simply reeled back in like a kite, and landed softly on my feet on the back of the boat again. It was great, and fortunately, my husband took a ton of great pictures from the shore!

By the way, I concur with all the prior posters--Paradise Beach is awesome! My husband and I enjoyed a beautiful day, a couple buckets of Sol (great beer!), and a huge lunch (calamari, fajitas, and nachos) for only about $50. Tom is as friendly as he seems on the boards--he made it a point to get out and greet everyone on the beach and make sure we were having a good time.

Anyway, thanks PB Tom for a great day in Cozumel. We look forward to another visit soon!

Archived