Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
RealDeal

Victor Bodden guide/driver recommendations? (MERGED THREADS)

Recommended Posts

We were met at the pier and assigned a driver for the day.     He was very accommodating and even allowed us to change our itinerary mid tour.      My grown kids wanted to parasail.  He took us to a beach and escorted the party to the boat and then escorted them back to where we were having lunch.      We were very impressed.      Everyone especially liked the Monkey, Bird and Sloths.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got off the ship and went through the port and found their "hut" which was just outside of the main port area. Our driver William was very knowledgeable and helpful.  He took us to see the sloths/monkeys/birds/deer, etc. and then we stopped at a gas station where we stocked up on beer (and a Styrofoam cooler) and we drove around the island.  It was really windy so no beaches for us but he took us up to a high point where we could see our ship and take pictures.  I would highly recommend these guys and will use them again on our next visit to Roatan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just back from Roatan on Allure of the Seas.  Took the fun 'n sun tour with Victor Bodden.

 

We had a great day.  The tour was a good way to see the island and the views from up in the hills.  The stop at the animal sanctuary was interesting and fun.  West Side beach was beautiful.  Could spend hours there.  Pre-cruise reservations and communication was excellent.  Had a bit of a hard time finding their booth at the pier.  We were on Royal Caribbean and I was concerned about the warning in the pre-cruise paperwork about "imposters posing as Bodden employees."  I finally found the booth and was told you only have to worry about that at the Mahogany Bay pier NOT where Royal Caribbean docks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was the first time that my husband and I visited Roatan and we were so impressed by the beauty of the beach and the friendliness of the people.  We booked a private tour through Victor Bodden and couldn't have been happier with our choice.  Kessel was wonderful as our private driver/guide.  He was friendly, informative, and provided the best tour of our vacation.  We held monkeys, sloths, birds, toured the island, and spent hours at West Bay beach, Paradise Beach hotel.  Thank you Victor and Kessel!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2018 at 12:20 PM, remrph said:

Just back from Roatan on Allure of the Seas.  Took the fun 'n sun tour with Victor Bodden.

 

We had a great day.  The tour was a good way to see the island and the views from up in the hills.  The stop at the animal sanctuary was interesting and fun.  West Side beach was beautiful.  Could spend hours there.  Pre-cruise reservations and communication was excellent.  Had a bit of a hard time finding their booth at the pier.  We were on Royal Caribbean and I was concerned about the warning in the pre-cruise paperwork about "imposters posing as Bodden employees."  I finally found the booth and was told you only have to worry about that at the Mahogany Bay pier NOT where Royal Caribbean docks.

 How much beach time did you get with the fun n sun tour? I saw 1 review where they where back to the ship at noon. I really want to have at least until 2-3pm on the beach.thx!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 1/3/2019 at 8:27 AM, Nautical Mile said:

This was the first time that my husband and I visited Roatan and we were so impressed by the beauty of the beach and the friendliness of the people.  We booked a private tour through Victor Bodden and couldn't have been happier with our choice.  Kessel was wonderful as our private driver/guide.  He was friendly, informative, and provided the best tour of our vacation.  We held monkeys, sloths, birds, toured the island, and spent hours at West Bay beach, Paradise Beach hotel.  Thank you Victor and Kessel!!!

Thinking about a private tour. How much was the day pass to Paradise beach?

thx!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, blusun said:

 How much beach time did you get with the fun n sun tour? I saw 1 review where they where back to the ship at noon. I really want to have at least until 2-3pm on the beach.thx!

Hi,

We were at Bananarama for 1 & 1/2 hrs.  That gave us enough time to have a good swim and a sit down lunch.

Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 5:25 PM, remrph said:

Hi,

We were at Bananarama for 1 & 1/2 hrs.  That gave us enough time to have a good swim and a sit down lunch.

Bob

Hi Bob! We booked the same tour for our March sailing on Allure. Is it difficult to find Bodden hut/people? Also need some recommendation for lunch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldplayer532 said:

Hi Bob! We booked the same tour for our March sailing on Allure. Is it difficult to find Bodden hut/people? Also need some recommendation for lunch.

No.  Allure docks at the Port of Roatan terminal.  Walk out past Diamond Intl on your right and look for their kiosk on the left.

Kiosk # 1.  We ate at Bananarama.  We waited too long to eat after we got there and had to rush.  I would advise getting something not long after arriving then going for a swim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 1:00 AM, oldplayer532 said:

Hi Bob! We booked the same tour for our March sailing on Allure. Is it difficult to find Bodden hut/people? Also need some recommendation for lunch.

last time we were there, we toured with Victor.  the driver stopped us off at a "local" place that served fish and iguana.  was pretty good, plus beers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Victor just told me he has us with Jorge "Pilo" Martinez for our best of tour.  Anyone ever had him?  We are going with Bodden on March 20 from the Magic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter Now for a Chance to Win a 7-day Cruise for Two
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...