Cat's Meow, Pez Quadro, AHH!

bickee

We were in Costa Maya on New Year's, and don't eat seafood either. We had nachos and a chicken quesadilla at the Cat's Meow. They were about $5 or $6 each, but very large and filling portions, great with the $2 beer.

The kitchen was spotless, the food was fresh and tasty, and Barbara was very friendly and helpful.

My vote is for Cat's Meow. The place was very clean and the bathroom was spotless on the day I was there. The waiters were great,especially Jorge(George). The margaritas were very big and potent. They don't skimp on the tequila. I went by Pez and it looked nice also.

Pez quadro was the last one on the beach looked the best has all inclusive option which you dont need every thing is cheap anyway . we ended up at El Faro between cats meow and pez quadro clean 6 beers for 10 good food free lounge chairs no grass highly recommend was there 1/18/07 cabs every block easy to get back to ship

We were there last Wed. Three ships in port that day, so it was crowded. The cab dropped everyone off at the first stop (though in the future I will asked to be taken further). Cat's Meow is the first place you come to, and because of that it was crowded. So, we walked the length of town all the way to Pez Quadro, and had a great day there. We wanted a table in the shade, so they immediately moved one for us. Bucket of 6 beers for $10, also had $3 nachos, and mixed ceviche (octopus, shrimp. conch) for $10. Safe, pleasant swimming in front, a few dogs running around to add ambience -I would go back in a minute. On return, there are cabs all over, so you can get one right there, don't need to walk the town again.

We were there last Wed. Three ships in port that day, so it was crowded. The cab dropped everyone off at the first stop (though in the future I will asked to be taken further). Cat's Meow is the first place you come to, and because of that it was crowded. So, we walked the length of town all the way to Pez Quadro, and had a great day there. We wanted a table in the shade, so they immediately moved one for us. Bucket of 6 beers for $10, also had $3 nachos, and mixed ceviche (octopus, shrimp. conch) for $10. Safe, pleasant swimming in front, a few dogs running around to add ambience -I would go back in a minute. On return, there are cabs all over, so you can get one right there, don't need to walk the town again.

That is the nice thing about Mahajual, you can just walk til you find someplace you like, since its just one big beach... And if you don't like all the pushy vendors, just hang a left at the Cats Meow, take your shoes off and walk along the beach in the water, that will give you a better view of your options! :)

For those of you who went to the Cat's Meow, what time did you leave the ship and did you go directly there.

It looks like a group of us will be going and would like to get a good spot - ie-some shade, etc.

Sounds like a fun place:)

In Dec 06, there were 3 ships in port, the Liberty, Splendour and the Vendaam, and when we got back to Mahajual at 12:30 from the ruins, there was plenty of room under the canopies by the beach... But one large group could fill up the spots pretty quick...

We are going on the Chacchoben tour with David and Ivan and probably won't get back to the village til around 1 (ha - 1pm ship time...if that means anything...) Do you think we will still be able to get into the Cat's Meow? We really would like to go and hang out after our tour.

We are going on the Chacchoben tour with David and Ivan and probably won't get back to the village til around 1 (ha - 1pm ship time...if that means anything...) Do you think we will still be able to get into the Cat's Meow? We really would like to go and hang out after our tour.

Because Costa Maya is a "private port", tours are not allowed to pick you up or drop you off at the pier. They do this from Mahajual. Since your being dropped off in Mahajual, its only a short walk to the Cats Meow. Hang for awhile, the catch a taxi back to the pier when your ready... Its less than 5mins by taxi to the pier from Mahajual...

Cat's Meow is great, we've been there 2 times and asked for Hugo each time. Great guy, he'll do you right. He may be able to get you set up with snorkeling. I have a menu from Cat's Meow, can't post prices in case they have changed, but will say they are very reasonable.

Arrachera-grilled marinated flank steak w/fries and guacamole

Reef Beef Fajitas-beef strips w/bell peppers and onions

Sacrificial Hamburger with fries

Grilled Chicken Breast

Caribbean Chicken Fajitas

Caribbean Chicken Sandwich

Large Mayan Salad

Lobster

Jumbo Shrimp Brochettes

Filet of Fish-fresh local fish

Filet of fish Tikinxic mayan style-wrapped in banana leaves with bell pepper, onions and tomatoes marinated in achiote sauce and oj

Tropical shrimp cocktail

mixed seafood cocktail

Ceviche "the original mexican seafood salad" made with your choice of any or all of the following, shrimp, conch and/or octopus

Shrimp salad

Ceviche Maya-made with Conch

Beer- corona, victoria, modelo escpecial, montejo, pacifico, modelo negro, leon negro, sol, superior, XX

Mixed drinks-HUGE fish bowl type drinks, they don't skimp on the alcohol!

Cat's Meow is great, we've been there 2 times and asked for Hugo each time. Great guy, he'll do you right. He may be able to get you set up with snorkeling. I have a menu from Cat's Meow, can't post prices in case they have changed, but will say they are very reasonable.

!

Thanks for the menu - do you remember if they serve Wine and non-alcoholic beer.:D

Archived