Carnival Pride, First timer, PLease help!

BadKittie

I have been dying to take a cruise for the past 4-5 years, and FINALLY booked the 7 day mexican riveira cruise for 2/11/07! I am SO excited!

I keep reading posts and reviews, and trying to keep a list of little things I see, but I have yet to find a full list of things to bring..(I thought I saw one in my Carnival brochure, but cant seem to find it in there now?) I dont need the basic stuff, (i.e. camera, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, clothes, etc.) I am just looking for stuff that people who have cruised before found that they needed on board and hadnt thought of until they got on the ship.

So, does anyone know where I can find a list of suggested items to bring like that? Also, what NOT to bring? I read that "fine wine" is ok, but other alcohol isnt? Also, are there restrictions on things such as tweezers, curling irons, etc?

Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks!

I just saw a fantastic list on this thread. (Carnival) It was the top 5 things to bring and someone had a fantastic list, there were more items than 5 but an excellent list...I too am sailing on the Pride but not til June....

The link below is to a thread on Carnival secrets, which includes some "what to pack" type lists. It's long. You may want to start at the back. I think in somewhere in the last few pages, someone compiled a complete list of good suggestions. You can also check the packing list section of cruiseclues dot com. Hope you enjoy your cruise. I'll be on the Pride the week after you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=48388

Hi Badkittie: I'm so jealous. My husband have sailed on the Pride twice and I would love to get back on board. You will love the Pride. It's beautiful and all the staff we encountered were so nice and helpful.

If you've booked a "Balcony room" bring a long bungee cord. You can then prop your door open and listen to the water sounds when you sleep. It's a really good thing. Hve fun.

Hi -

We sailed for the first time on the Pride last July and took alot of ideas off the lists that are posted on these boards. They were a great help! The one thing I would highly recommend is a collapsible cooler to leave in the room (bathroom) for ice and drinks. We asked our room steward to refill the ice everyday and he did. It was nice to have when you come back to your room and you want to have a cold drink and just relax. We are sailing again this June on the Pride with our kids. Enjoy!!

Welcome Aboard -- We're also on the Pride for valentines week! This is our second time on the Pride, and you will love it. Don't worry about what to bring, just kick back and enjoy! The weather will be great once we get a ways south, and so expect to wear some shorts/tanks/etc. On board, especially during the evenings, you will want something warmer -- as the A/C is always on.

Check the Roll Call section on here, and sign in for our 2/11 cruise. Also check the Ports-Of-Call section for more details on what to do while in Port.

See you on-board!

Just got back from Pride in Mid- December. Took a bunch of stuff, but actually needed none of it. No need for the bungee cord.... your room will have a rubber wedge shaped door stop for your cabin door... just jam between the hinge side of the balcony door and the door jamb. Works great... and no risk of being struck by an overstretched slingshot. I think a hockey puck would actually work better than the door stop or the bungee cord. I say that because I used a smokeless tobacco can... it was a little too small and not quite sturdy enough.... but it did last about 4 days. A hockey puck is a little larger and plenty strong.

I did use a multi-outlet strip... but certainly did not NEED it. We took a travel steamer... that was very nice. Everyone else is as wrinkled as you are though, so no big deal.

Next cruise... I will take nothing special. Maybe a nightlite if I have an inside room.

I'm curious....those of you who have sailed to Mexico during whale season....do you see whales from the ship? From your balcony? If I had it to do over I would have booked my cruise during whale season instead of during my anniversary week....not only is Mexico too darned hot in September but I would have liked to sat on my balcony whale watching!

I'm curious....those of you who have sailed to Mexico during whale season....do you see whales from the ship? From your balcony? If I had it to do over I would have booked my cruise during whale season instead of during my anniversary week....not only is Mexico too darned hot in September but I would have liked to sat on my balcony whale watching!

On Tuesday the Dec. 12 from the Pride we saw some whales just before passing Cabo San Lucas, between the ship and the coast. We sat out on the balcony for about 2 hours that afternoon with the binoculars looking. A school of dolphins also followed us during that time. It was one of the highlights of the cruise.

I sailed on the same trip as SmooCruise (hello there old friend and I love your pic!!!).....and I loved it......I agree with Smoo, it was way too hot in Sept...but it's a great intinerary, great ship..we had a blast!!!! It will probably be chilly the first night and the last day..so maybe bring a sweatshirt or something.....

I sailed on the same trip as SmooCruise (hello there old friend and I love your pic!!!).....and I loved it......I agree with Smoo, it was way too hot in Sept...but it's a great intinerary, great ship..we had a blast!!!! It will probably be chilly the first night and the last day..so maybe bring a sweatshirt or something.....

On Tuesday the Dec. 12 from the Pride we saw some whales just before passing Cabo San Lucas, between the ship and the coast. We sat out on the balcony for about 2 hours that afternoon with the binoculars looking. A school of dolphins also followed us during that time. It was one of the highlights of the cruise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

cruisinchick

How cool!!!!! We didn't see kind of marine life on our cruise....:(...it was my one disappointment. Next time I do the Pride I'm going during whale season!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi cruisinchick!!! ;) Thanks! It (and my myspace) was inspired by my pirate cruise in Puerto Vallarta. Such great memories!!!

You will need a multi outlet power strip because there is only one outlet in the room. You will need a bungee cord to hold open your balcony door. You will probably want to bring a travel alarm since there is no clock in the cabin. You may also want to bring a large insulated coffe mug for convieniece sake.

The Pride is a great ship, I hope you have as much fun as we did.:D

Some of the "extras" that I like to pack:

A pillowcase. For some reason, I always need my own pillow case when I travel. I love the mattresses, the pillows and the comforters on Carnival so much that I bought the duvet set, but I like having my own pillow case.

I prefer my cabin to smell like a girls room so I always pack something that will make the cabin smell really great. This last time, a friend brought me a Yankee Candle Co. car freshener in the scent of Clean Cotton. Made the cabin smell great!!!

Antibacterial wipes. I wipe down the bathroom cabinets so I can put my stuff in there. I know they are "clean" but I just like to make sure.

Power strip. Just in case you need to plug two things in at once.

I'm definitely an over packer as my cruise friends will tell you. I'm just anal that way. :)

Enjoy the Pride. Nice ship!

Stacey

speaking of overpacking...it is 2 am and I am still up packing for our departure on the Pride tomorrow...or should I say...today. Once again, I have overpacked. Everyone will have to take a carry-on because we just can't fit it all in the luggage. I know, I know..I should be paring down, but I can't decide what to leave behind and I am too tired to start prioritizing now. hehe.

I am hoping to see whales and dolphins. Our cabin is an aft corner with a wrap around balcony, port side. The port side is coast side on the way down as you reach Cabo, isn't it? I will be on the lookout for some marine life.

Archived